Puch spark points with wire?

Daniel San Giuliano /

So a while back i purchased the bosch branded spark points WITH the wire on treats, but now as I am rebuilding my maxis stator I see that I needed the non wire version. Any way to wire this without buying another 25$ set of points?

Thank you

Re: Puch spark points with wire?

Daniel San Giuliano /

And I should clarify that my problem is wiring the blue wire for the kill switch I believe as theres nowhere to mount it to the points, connecting to the condensor was no problem

The kill switch should connect to the ht coil not the points.

Daniel San Giuliano /

which coil is the ht and what color wire would that be, because on my diagram I have a blue wire that gets connected to my spark points and it leads to the kil engine switch and ignition coil

Ht coil is the box that the spark plug wire comes out of. The big black thing mounted to the frame. It has three terminals. One, the spark plug wire. Two the connection from the stator, from the points. Three, the kill wire, Wich is grounded to kill spark.

Post a link to the diagram you are using.

Daniel San Giuliano /

Im using this diagram I believe I got off of the wiki but cant find the original link

IMG_1055.jpg

It doesn't really matter how you connect them, the blue wire goes from the points, to the condenser, to the terminal on the HT coil, and to the kill switch. Grounding the blue wire kills the bike.

If you have a pre-76 it will use the diagram you have there, otherwise they use the 6 wire stator with an extra blue/black, refer to the punch shop manual for the later style diagram.

IMG_20201117_110743.jpg

Daniel San Giuliano /

Ok my bike is a 76 and i only have 5 stator wire so would it work if i just solder the blue wire into the connector the treats wired points use?

You can use your new wired points. You just have to trim that wire and the wire that leads to the old points, then solder them together.

The kill switch usually has two wires. One goes to ground, and the other goes to ignition. The easiest thing is to stick the ignition wire into One of the ignition slots on the terminal block (either where one wire comes up from the ignition coil on the stator or where the other goes out to the HT coil).

Daniel San Giuliano /

Ok that makes sense to me thank you!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account