Peugeot 103 battery connection help me

Hello. I have a problem. Can you help me. I have a Peugeot 103 engine. I want to connect a battery to this engine. But I have to make changes to the stator. The stator is now dismantled. There is 1 ignition coil. Other coils are constrained coils to burn light. Can I connect them together and get more energy. How am I supposed to tie it up? I bought 1 mondial 150 hs connector. I am thinking of attaching the coils to this and then I want to connect it to the battery. Thank you.

electronic-ignition-stator-for-peugeot-103-spx-rcx-original-type.jpg
1212121.jpg

Re: Peugeot 103 battery connection help me

To add a battery you dont need to disassemble the stator at all. For a lead/acid battery you could just wire it into the lighting circuit and add a hard ignition switch. And no, I don't think you can wire coils together like that

Why do you want a battery anyway? They put out great power already

I think it will charge the battery very slowly with the original coils. So I need to change the stator as well. But I need some information to do this. A friend made a stator in the forum and I'm trying to reach him. I even upload a picture of his work. I want to do something like this. The reason I want to plug in batteries is because I want a Led xenon lamp, a horn, and if I can, I want to boil gears and add a starter to the magneto. I want to do different things, but to do this, I will first have to develop a stator enough to charge the battery. I need some help with this. I ordered 3 15w original stator coils. It will come to me from the cargo tomorrow. But I have to combine them and place them in the stator. How should the direction of the coils be? How should I do it? I need information about these.

IICgf6w.jpg

> Melisa Ela Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think it will charge the battery very slowly with the original coils.

> So I need to change the stator as well. But I need some information to

> do this. A friend made a stator in the forum and I'm trying to reach

> him. I even upload a picture of his work. I want to do something like

> this. The reason I want to plug in batteries is because I want a Led

> xenon lamp, a horn, and if I can, I want to boil gears and add a starter

> to the magneto. I want to do different things, but to do this, I will

> first have to develop a stator enough to charge the battery. I need some

> help with this. I ordered 3 15w original stator coils. It will come to

> me from the cargo tomorrow. But I have to combine them and place them in

> the stator. How should the direction of the coils be? How should I do

> it? I need information about these.

You could rewind the coils (remove the wire and get wire of a certain thickness and wrap it around the plastic a certain number of times) to get more power. I think you should put everything back and just hook up the battery. It is not a very simple thing to rewind all your stator coils

Rewinding coils really is simple . Just very tedious . ;)

3 15w new coils arrived today. I removed the ignition coil. I will solder 1 side to side, as your friend on the forum did. I will solder the 3 newly arrived coils in a star shape But I will not solder it to the chassis. I'll take out 2 wires from each coil and measure them outside and join them. Let see how is it going to be.

2.jpg
1.jpg

....good luck!

I will continue tomorrow. Enough for today. :)

3.jpg
5.jpg

You'll want a rectifier between the coils and the battery, at minimum, and perhaps a rectifier + regulator.

Actually, I don't know exactly what to do. I have one 4-wire regulator on hand. I plan to use Schottky diode at the output of the coils and then connect them in parallel. I am thinking of connecting it to the regulator afterwards. I have no information. I need help with this. How should I do.

0303.jpg

Something like that can work. It looks like your coils are 120° apart on the stator; here's a little circuit simulation I threw together using a diode as a rectifier for each coil (the voltage sources are "coils"), then putting the outputs of the diodes in parallel over a load. I only drew two coils here but I think you get the idea.

Using a capacitor or better yet a regulator on the output of the diodes will help.

You are losing about half of the power though; a full bridge rectifier on the output of each coil would be better in this regard, though obviously that's a lot more parts and wiring.

Red and Blue lines: coil voltages, Green line: voltage at the load (edited)

twocoils.PNG

Mikey Antonakakis /

Hi Melisa, I will post some more information here soon, since you were referring to the modification I made to my Peugeot electrical system.

The 103 flywheels have three magnets, so there is no way with the 6-position stator to get any multi-phase setup. However, the reason I moved one of the coils was to create a stronger single-phase setup. You should be able to wire in series or parallel, but I think series works out better for this stator from what I remember.

I am guessing the regulator you have is simply two wires for AC input and two wires for DC output. Probably red and black are the DC output, so once you make the stator modifications, connect it to the other two wires (green and yellow, shouldn't matter which).

Mikey Antonakakis /

Hi Melisa,

I think this should work based on the modifications you already made. Pretty simple, just solder blue to yellow from one coil to the other:

5.jpg

(edited)

Mikey Antonakakis /

A couple more things:

Do you have a link to the exact regulator/rectifier you will use? I want to make sure I have the wire colors correct.

For the ignition stator coil, wiring should stay unmodified from before - wherever it connected before, keep those connections the same. Are you using points or CDI?

Thank you very much to everyone. my peugeot 103 cdi. The direction of all coils faces the same direction. Yellow cable coming under the coils, blue cable coming out from the top. I also took out the ignition coil. I do not want to supply AC electricity to the motor chassis. I'll connect the negative terminal of the battery to the engine chassis later. Can I connect the yellow wires of the other 3 coils together, except the ignition coil, then connect the other blue wires together (parallel connection) and then connect it to the regulator. Or do I need to make a serial connection. Do I need to use diodes. Or can I connect it to the regulator immediately after making a serial or parallel connection. Voltage increases in series connection. Parallel connection also increases in amperage. 14v is enough for me. So parallel connection seems to me better. But I don't know if it provides an adequate voltage for the connector. I did not want to make serial or parallel connections in the stator. I took the cables out. Since I don't want to solder and solder again in case of any mistake. So I took the cables out. I wanted to make connections outside.

555.jpg
55.jpg
5.jpg

> The 103 flywheels have three magnets, so there is no way with the

> 6-position stator to get any multi-phase setup.

How characteristically Peugeot. :-P

> However, the reason I

> moved one of the coils was to create a stronger single-phase setup. You

> should be able to wire in series or parallel, but I think series works

> out better for this stator from what I remember.

In general, wiring coils in series is a better plan. If you wire them in parallel, any voltage difference between the coils will result in large currents between them (bad).

Today I did a single coil assembly for trial. I realized that I have to give the ignition coil to the chassis. Because of the spark plug chassis. This transaction has been canceled. I couldn't measure the other light coil because I couldn't start the engine properly. While I was cleaning the carburetor, I lost its nozzle. I need to buy a new one. But I started the engine a little, but when I measured it with a voltmeter, I saw an absurd result. Tomorrow I will experiment in detail and share the results with you. I will assemble and measure each coil one by one. I will connect serial or parallel depending on the situation.

066.jpg
066.jpg

Make sure you get a range of jets(nozzles) unless you wrote down the number of course. Don't want to seize it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account