Peugeot 103 le partie CDI trouble

Thomas Mash Potatoes /

I'm having trouble finding the spark for my 103. I've never done electrical work like this before. I made the attached wiring diagram & a friend assured me it should work. I incorporated cheetahchrome's chili stained wiring diagram. I wired it all up & got spark on my first check with a drill & then never again. So I took out all the extra stuff & wired just for spark, still nothing. I checked the parts with a DMM & the ignition coil on the stator came out to 98-99 ohms at 200 mark on DMM. The high tension coil came out to .1 ohms. Checked online & Google says it should be between .4-2 ohms. Ordered a second one thinking I had my problem cornered & that one came out to .1 ohms again. I checked it against my known working Puch ignition coil which came out to 1.67 ohms at 200 mark on my DMM. I don't have a separate CDI box to test that against. I have it all grounded to the subframe as seen below & the engine grounded to the frame. Are both high tension coils bad? Do I need to ground the subframe to the frame? I'm at a loss.

Peugeot-103-Wiring-Diagram-Ver-3.1.jpg
20201108_214755.jpg

Re: Peugeot 103 le partie CDI trouble

Why not mount the known good coil from the Puch and see what you get .

I'd have to say , from your test results that your two other coils are bad .

Richard Eberline /

Unhook the kill switch, use the decomp or choke to kill engine.

Richard Eberline /

Check your grounds and no paint, bare metal. Some drill motors can't turn fast enought.

Richard Eberline /

The Cdi box is bad, the HT coils are solid when new.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account