Re: '78 Garelli VIP 2 speed

if your looking for the small end needle bearing just measure and buy, didn't it come with kit?

Rich Thomson /

OK, I had the color ID on those cylinders incorrect. Red high, white low compression. The pic is the white right, red left. Old cylinder white on right , new cylinder red on left.

Is this correct that the high compression opening should be narrower on the high compression side?

tempImageQHaQqZ.jpg

Rich Thomson /

?

tempImageatNAnI.jpg

Time to get the dremel out and open up that intake a bit. And make sure the exhaust is open as much as it can be too. It is a stock cyl so it is what it is. If you want to get crazy with it, grab a polini kit for the NOI engine and mount it up. MLM makes an intake and an exhaust for that setup on the VIP engine.

Rich Thomson /

Thats what I was thinking. How deep, all the way to cylinder? Is that the kit i've seen on Treats? Thanks for the confirmation, and info.

I would read up on what you want for porting. The short answer is yes, but there is a much longer answer for sure. Check out the 2 stroke tuners handbook. It helped me a lot to understand the engine and what I want porting to be like.

I also just saw that Treatland has the 70cc vip kit back in stock.

I really want to grab one for my VIP, but it would be a little scary on my mini bike.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account