Motobecane Mobylette 1978 Rev up and bog down

Jacob Gee /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster (please lemme know if I'm missing any information) and first year rider/mechanic.

So, I rev my Moby up for a spin and it feels fine for a while, 27-30 on flat.

But after a bit (10/15 mins) , it feels very boggy, especially going from a stop. Pedaling even at 10mphish is a struggle.

The exhaust has be cleaned twice and I've seafoamed my pistons twice. I've cleaned from one end of the bike to the other as best I could.

I'm running 4oz oil/Gallon in my mix with a splash of engine cleaner additives.

It revs up and then down in a few second intervals and I'm unsure what causes it.

I'm waiting on the local shop to open in a week here in Vancouver (BC) for a new belt thinking that that may be an issue, such as it fails to grip. Currently using a Dayco 5L320.

Everything is stock except for a fresh Dellorta SHA 15.15 carb with a 68 jet

I'm waiting on some tools from Treats to swap out the clutch for a new stock one and to do my points/timing.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

J

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account