PA50ii - Taillight

Willson A /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I am having an issue with my taillight. The bulbs were burnt out from when I received this bike a couple months ago, finally got around to replacing them. I’m not sure the correct operation first off. I’m assuming that the license plate bulb is supposed to be always lit, then when using the front brake the plunger comes out and lights the bulb above and makes the taillight brighter.

According to the wiring diagram for PA50 the connections are are different. My bulbs are stacked on top of one another with the prongs to the bulbs at 9oclock and one prong at 12oclock facing as you ride. I’ve hooked them up every different way I could hook up three wires. With the plunger in I have no lights constantly. With it out I can either get the bottom bulb to turn on with the top hardly on at all, or the top bulb on and the bottom one at all depending on the way the wires are hooked up. Never do I have lights with the brake at it’s normal position nor do I get them to come on simultaneously. I’ve recheck all wiring on the bike and I’m pretty certain it’s hooked up the way the diagram shows. Anything else I should be looking at?

AD427A8A-3EBB-4C2B-A28A-83C32B5DDE75.png
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account