Flywheel nut?

Hey guys, I need your help. I have a Motograziella that is missing the flywheel nut. It's a fine thread, about 6mm in diameter. I tried a regular old metric fine threaded nut, but no go. I know some if not all of these threads are a special cut, but is it the same from manufacturer to manufacturer. The flywheel itself is a Bosch.

Any suggestions as to what might fit, something from another moped. I'm assuming Motograziella parts are non-existent.

Thanks, Deron.

Re: Flywheel nut?

post pictures w calipers too.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

todd amundson /

6mm flywheel nut, that’s nuts

Also, it's a Sachs engine. German engine. I have other Sachs engine bikes, totally different engine though.

Deron.

I'm still looking. I tried a nut and bolt supply house. Ace Hardware, Lowes and Home Depot, nothing but standard stuff. Even tried a motorcycle/scooter/moped shop.

8mm is too small, 10mm is to big. It could be either 8.5mm or 9mm. Fine thread, do not know the pitch.

Deron.

todd amundson /

It’s most likely 10x1.25 or 10x1.50.

Home Depot has 10x1.50

Ace has both near me.

No way it’s a half size.

Also it could be someone put a 3/8” die on there to fix messed up threads before you had it.

Ace will always have these nuts, you were looking for. They have them is a specialty nut/bolt section. Just ask one of the staff. Have tour mind blown at their selection of moped hardware! Always a better selection than Home depot or Lowe's. Both of those stores have only 3 or 4 drawers dedicated to metric so they too can easily be missed.

Tools to identify thread size: calipers. pitch tool. alligator teeth do dad

I tried Ace Hardware, no greater selection then the other places. A 9mm nut from Treats and it's a hair too big. 8mm is too small and 9mm is too big. It has to be a special cut size just for that crankshaft. The threads look fine.

I'd re-thread it for a nut I had on hand . ;)

OK, I got a idea. The previous person that worked on the bike, tried to pull the flywheel with a two prong puller and was unsuccessful. He put a a lot of force on it, as the flywheel, where he grabbed it with the two prongs was bent, outwards. The threads look good, but the force of the center of the puller, might have belled out the starting end of the threads. I'm going to pick up a 8mm die and see if that can correct the belling of the end of the shaft.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Common issue caused by folks too cheap to buy the proper puller.

> Deron Miller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> OK, I got a idea. The previous person that worked on the bike, tried to

> pull the flywheel with a two prong puller and was unsuccessful. He put a

> a lot of force on it, as the flywheel, where he grabbed it with the two

> prongs was bent, outwards. The threads look good, but the force of the

> center of the puller, might have belled out the starting end of the

> threads. I'm going to pick up a 8mm die and see if that can correct the

> belling of the end of the shaft.

> Deron Miller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> OK, I got a idea...

> ...I'm going to pick up a 8mm die and see if that can correct the

> belling of the end of the shaft.

=================================

Measure twice, cut once.

pitch.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account