Peugeot TSM build Pedal shaft / pulley spacing

I was looking around but i cant find a parts diagram or if that one on moped junkyard is accurate?

I have a 1980 Peugeot TSM and i cant for the life of me figure out if the pulley / pedal shaft has spacing to it or any circlips to keep it from one side to the other? when i roll it around it binds up etc on the drive chain or slide left to right. Can anyone just give me a low down on a OEM setup for the stock pedal shaft or pictures ?

IMG-8175.jpg
IMG-8174.jpg

Re: Peugeot TSM build Pedal shaft / pulley spacing

hmm i dont remember there being any spacers, just two 16mm circlips. ill take a look when I get into the shop today, but whats your drive chain tension looking like? if it’s binding w/ that very little play on the pedal shaft that may be the issue, since i kinda actively encourage a small amount of L/R travel to get the belt alignment closer and haven’t had any problems

thank you for the response, i did a moby and the belt pulley had a circlip in it to hold it over, im just finding that the pedal shaft on this has no circlips and it seems the pedal shaft has left to right freeplay. My tension i added freeplay to the drive chain but im just unsure of the left to right free play. just no grooves or circlips on the sliding out of this thing when it came into the shop

just thrust washers

pugpulley.jpg

thank you ! i bought some thrustwashers and set the spacing and freeplay its smooth now

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account