1980 Honda Express Stator...how to test?

Jason Majernik /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Does anyone know how to test this stator? I want to see if it’s still good. Don’t know if I can test it off the bike with a multimeter? I swapped this out for a new one thinking my spark issues were related to the stator but after messing with the bike and the new stator, I’m sure my problems were likely a bad condenser and or coil. I swapped out both stator and coil/condenser at the same time and it fixed my spark issue, but now I’m thinking this thing is still good. I know it could find a new home, but I don’t want to sell a dud. Lesson learned is to do one thing at a time. That said, this guy would be better served in a new home than in a box in my garage. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Again, I’d like to test it off the bike. The points could be bad and I really don’t feel like dealing with putting it back on a bike to try to figure that all out.

Thanks!

0EF5311B-B962-4821-834C-820790BE57D4.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account