Re: Chain alignment

Jay Rivett /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The leleu hubs have a ridged area for the bearings to sit into. It is about 3mm deeper than the actual bearings, and the internal spacers place the bearings right at the ends of the hub.

The bearings are walking out the brake plate side bit the other side only goes in the 3mm then hits the ridge. I press them in so each side is even and the internal spacers are compressed enough to not jiggle around.

Since the bearings dont go allt he way to the back lip they have that room to shift a little.

Is this happening because I dont have my wheel perfectly straight? It looks straight to me, but maybe my eyes are crooked. Is it from forces when applying the brake causing the wheel to get pulled on the brake plate side and wiggle the bearings out?

The leleu sealed bearing conversion from treats uses a shim to get the bearings to fit snug in the bearing spot. Is this where the failure is happening?

Can I put a spot of jbweld on the bearing outer race and shim to help hold them in place?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account