Re: Help with wiring 1976 Puch Maxi 5 wire

Matt Bowles /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks all, it is a little different than other Puchs as it is a 5 and not a 6 wire system. 2nd diagram from this link shows it the best:

https://vintagemopeds.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/1976-puch-maxi-5-wire-bosch-magneto.pdf

The way I read this is as follows:

Blue to ignition then ground

Green to terminal then split to blue/green. one goes to brake switch then ground. other goes to brake light.

Yellow to headlight and ground, always on. there are two hot wires and two ground. I plan to combine those two as I will have only one hot and one ground wire now. (bypass horn and speedo light)

Grey to taillight and ground.

Green/black is ground wire for brake lights

The jacked up think on this wiring is that the stock wiring has the yellow wire powering not only the horn and speedo light but also the main light. If I mess this up, I guess I could just ground yellow and have no headlight. I could still wire tail light and brake light.

Does that make sense? I'll give it a go and let you know. Please write back if I have screwed this up. Thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account