anyone rebuilt a derbi? need pointers

k blum /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

working on reviving another pile. engine was partially apart and had half of the internals taken out before i got it. most of the internals were sprawled in a box, im not sure what im missing, as usual.

cases say "derbi rabasa coaxial"

i found a shop manual online but it seems like the engine internals they have shown are different than the one i have. the pics here show two internal chains, the parts i have only seem like one is used as there are only two sprockets.

DFB9E71F-1195-420F-A2F6-F38C249C96D4.png

unfortunately i didnt realize my engine was different until it was too late....the weird clutched gear exploded on me whilst trying to figure out the puzzle without the proper diagrams.

i lost two tiny spring-loaded ball bearings that went flying around my shop. i have the spring, but does anyone know if i can just toss some balls that fit decently in there?

7166DB16-0ED8-4519-9C9C-3775BC43F132.jpeg

my other questions:

1--anyone know what size/length is the internal chain? the one i have is broken.

2--do i need washers on the outside of the shafts, between them and the inside case halves? what about between the claw collar? here is how i am assuming the internals get assembled, does this look right?? the arrows point to the areas i am wondering if i need washers, circled areas as well. the pedal shaft internal sprocket has washers ziptied in place from previous owner.

8EBEEC21-7D7B-42ED-BE21-4B9B7975893B.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account