VDO Speedo Drive Issue

Any ideas on how or if I can get this broken speedo cable out of the drive? It is an 11mm axle from a Batavus. I can find 10 or 12 mm drives, but no 11 anywhere. I did order a 12 and I found a flanged bushing at Zoro that might work to fill that little gap between the 11mm axle and 12mm drive. Any ideas are welcomed. I’d ideally like to use the original drive and get that god damned thing out of there.

Thanks,

Joey D

Pushin50smopedclub

image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: VDO Speedo Drive Issue

Treatland.tv sells the drive and the cable you need. If that old cable broke off in there and you cant get the tip out, then it might just be toast.

Clean the drive . Take it as apart as possible and drop the whole thing in some penetrating fluid .

Maybe some time in a carb dip would help .

treatland does not sell an 11mm axle speedo drive. I got the 12 and a spacer to try when they get here.

I tried tons of marvel mystery, does not dissassemble. I also tried butane.

Maybe pop off that grease fitting acorn nut and run a length of stiff baling wire through the grease fitting to pop out the old cable from the back

> Short Bus Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I tried tons of marvel mystery, does not dissassemble. I also tried

> butane.

Marvel Mystry OIL is not a very effective penetrating fluid .

You want something very effective :

Or :

I just bought a quart of that^ stuff . ;)

> P D Wrote:

> > Short Bus Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I tried tons of marvel mystery, does not dissassemble. I also tried

>

> > butane.

>

> Marvel Mystry OIL is not a very effective penetrating fluid .

>

> You want something very effective :

>

> https://i.postimg.cc/90vXbxh4/cclc-10.jpg

>

> Or :

>

> https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mDYAAOSwd4tT1plX/s-l640.jpg

>

> I just bought a quart of that^ stuff . ;)

Kroil is hands down the best penetrating oil.

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> Kroil is hands down the best penetrating oil.

The best you've ever tried . ;)

Ok, so I appreciate all of the above suggestions. I guess great minds think alike because I came up with all of the same stuff as y’all. So fuck that stupid speedo drive. The little bushing things I was able to find @zoro just came and they look like they are going to work perfectly as a spacer between the 11mm axle and the 12mm speedo drive that is coming Tuesday.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok, so I appreciate all of the above suggestions. I guess great minds think alike because I came up with all of the same stuff as y’all. So fuck that stupid speedo drive. The little bushing things I was able to find @zoro just came and they look like they are going to work perfectly as a spacer between the 11mm axle and the 12mm speedo drive that is coming Tuesday.

hmm, dont get your spacer fix. I have successfully picked out said offending broken cable end before with a dental pick, very satisfying, or maybe i just took it apart, which isnt that hard, or maybe just pushed a small drill bit thru the other side and tapped it out, can't remeber but it was satisfying, kinda like removing a pesky wood splinter or an annoying metal shard.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account