Icebear maddog 50cc issues....all of them!

Chris McKenzie /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread but not to mopeds. I currently have a maddog 50cc Gen 3. I got it back in 2018 and have hd very little issues until now. Last Oct as I was riding home from work I heard a loud pop followed by smoke and that was that. I'm not really sure what happened but I think the oil pump went out.

I have been rebuilding and breaking down this engine since Nov and I cannot get it to start. I installed a bbk, new cam, seals, chain and guides, a few bearings, pretty much everything you can think of. It seems like every time I put it together and try it out something else is gone. I've now ordered a fuel pump and carb. BTW I'm only getting 50psi of compression and the kickstart is stuck. The engine will turn over once then stop and then try again with the plug in, without plug I am able to check the compression. I have a new starter,plug, coil, stator, the works and no luck.

I'm about to throw in the towel bc I cant throw anymore money at this thing. If anyone has any advice just shy of burning it down, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account