Most basic wiring diagram - will this work

Will this work? Tried to make it as simple as possible

A41C368F-B467-4741-9BA8-365794583945.jpeg

Re: Most basic wiring diagram - will this work

That is all kinds of confusing.. but no. You have your lighting and spark coils connected thru the rectifier for some reason... And the spark coil goes to the points first not like it's showen there. Why a battery?

That isn't very simple. It depends on your magneto but if you want simple, one wire from the ignition winding of the stator to the coil, another wire to both the headlight and taillight and ground the rest. If you want a Killswitch then just add it in parallel to the ignition wire from the magneto with the other side of the switch being ground.

Snapchat-451171470.jpg

What motor? If it's a V1, that's the most complicated wiring ever.

its a wiring diagram for a Suzuki K11, however, I got a bit confused on the orginal one...so looking for low tech alternatives

Yup. Wire the points and condenser between the stator and coil and you'll be golden.

Also, why do you want a rectifier? No need for a battery on a moped really

Edit-Ohhhh, it's not a moped. Gotcha. Rectifier is only needed if you have a starter, thus needing a battery...but yeah. Your picture(that's not a diagram)was wrong and wayyyyy overcomplicated. Also doesn't show all the grounds or the condenser.

Just hard wire it like dude showed and wire a key/switch in. (edited)

Well...its a 2 stroke dirtbike, it has room for a battery, figured it would be good to have one just in case. Kind of want to make this street legal if possible. How would i figure out a simple and clean wiring diagram. This is what i found online. I am most confused on the Ignition. I do not have the orginal, so i have a chinese replica. So when it all leads back to the ignition switch, do all of them really meet at the black wire and just flow out the red one? I know its a stupid question, but i rather ask it now before i blow the entire system.

Diagram.JPG

Why not post the original wiring diagram and we can try to simplify it and explain it?

Edit-haha good timing you posted as I was typing.lol

Iooks pretty simple but alot isn't really needed. Chinese replica what?stator, points, coil, ht coil, condenser, flywheel? (edited)

Hi

I hope some of the experts here can help me out with my Puch MS50D 1977, which I have only just purchased

There are 2 wires comming from the what I take to be the magneto, Which appear to enter the frame and appear in the headlight, plus one more coming going directtly to the spark plug. There is no Light/horn/kill switch fitted.......but a 7 switch came with it.......one of the pins has a soldered pin.

I would like to get the moped up and running without initial regard to the lights and horn..(Perhaps with a 6V battery to test).....which I feel would be a relatively simple task......

My request for assistance begins with two basic points..........Is there some form of coil (actual or part of the mageto circuit) in the circuit as manufactured and secondly...........How does a kill switch work..........I mean.. does the circuit go to open circuit or grouned...........and lastly...........are the two wires ( Black and yellow coming from the magneto 2 live circuits or live and ground ? I understand this will be very basic for some on this forum, but I would appreciated and help. Thanks

Hard to say for sure without seeing it, but there are some three-wire Puch stators out there with a yellow wire for lights, thin black wire for kill switch, and thick black wire from an internal HT coil to spark plug. To rig a kill switch, get a toggle switch or whatever and run one wire to that thin black wire and one wire to ground on the frame somewhere.

Hi Guys, This is the wiring harness i bought online:

IMG_20210326_093748806.jpg

It has four wires: Red, Black, White, Green. When its in the on position red and black make a loop, the other two do nothing. I am assuming Green is for ground.

I guess this is my newb question, when looking at the wiring diagram above, will everything just link to the red cable, and complete the loop on the black side? Like its ok to wire it all through one wire essentially? It wont short?

Diagram.JPG

Also, do you guys know what the red and also, what do the red and green wires off the flywheel/Magento do? I know black is for spark, purple is for neutral, however, I have no idea what the others do. If you guys know, i would be very grateful.

Thanks,

> Johnny C Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Guys, This is the wiring harness i bought online:

>

> It has four wires: Red, Black, White, Green. When its in the on position

> red and black make a loop, the other two do nothing. I am assuming Green

> is for ground.

>

> I guess this is my newb question, when looking at the wiring diagram

> above, will everything just link to the red cable, and complete the loop

> on the black side? Like its ok to wire it all through one wire

> essentially? It wont short?

>

> Also, do you guys know what the red and also, what do the red and green

> wires off the flywheel/Magento do? I know black is for spark, purple is

> for neutral, however, I have no idea what the others do. If you guys

> know, i would be very grateful.

>

> Thanks,

The colors on that switch don't mean anything really. Green could be headlight power if you wanted it to be. If you don't have a multimeter to figure out continuity then you need to get one, otherwise you'll never understand enough about the wiring to do it.

For example, that's a 4 wire switch and you said red is connected to black when on and the other 2 wires are disconnected. When off, this is going to be reversed. So connect green to ground, white to the wire that goes from your stator to your ignition coil (or reverse the colors, it doesn't matter) and it will now only run with the key on as the ignition is grounded otherwise. You can connect your battery to red and your lights to black, then when you turn the key on the lights come on. It all depends on how you want it to work. Got it?

so having all the lights blending into one wire on the switch wont cause an issue, like tail light and head light and battery go to black, but on the red its the negative, and that is fine? I am just trying to make sure i dont break it.

OK guys, i spent some time yesterday going through each wire and labeling each one. This is the basic wiring diagram i put together that i think will work, unless you tell me otherwise.

IMG_20210330_1054405641.jpg

If this needs to be redone, please let me know or submit another diagram if possible.

Once again, I am a huge newb, who knows nothing about wiring. Just trying to make a simpler wiring diagram.

Thanks

> Johnny C Wrote:

> OK guys, i spent some time yesterday going through each wire and

> labeling each one. This is the basic wiring diagram i put together that

> i think will work, unless you tell me otherwise.

>

> If this needs to be redone, please let me know or submit another diagram

> if possible.

>

> Once again, I am a huge newb, who knows nothing about wiring. Just

> trying to make a simpler wiring diagram.

>

> Thanks

You can't be running off of one single wire from your Magneto, right?

Well the magneto has 4 wires coming out of it.

Purple - that is the nuteral light

Black - this is where the spark comes from

Yellow - I have no idea what this does or where it goes

Green - I have no idea what this does or where it goes

See the wiring diagram from a few posts back, you will see what is there. ( I am assuming yellow or green is ground, but i really have no idea)

> Johnny C Wrote:

> Well the magneto has 4 wires coming out of it.

>

> Purple - that is the nuteral light

>

> Black - this is where the spark comes from

>

> Yellow - I have no idea what this does or where it goes

>

> Green - I have no idea what this does or where it goes

>

> See the wiring diagram from a few posts back, you will see what is

> there. ( I am assuming yellow or green is ground, but i really have no

> idea)

So how are you making a wiring plan without knowing what the wires do? Like that's step #1. Want to know if a wire is ground? Get a $4 multimeter from harbor freight and test the resistance of each wire to ground. Get 0 ohms (or really close to it) and bam, you found your ground. We can't troubleshoot your system from here, pretty drawings don't really help when you don't know what the wires do. You sure as shit don't want to run everything off of the black wire, that goes to the ignition coil and ignition coil only. If I had to guess the yellow and green wires are for your lights and battery, there's little reason to provide a ground wire out of the stator and off the top of my head I cannot think of any bikes that do.

looking at the wiring diagram, Yellow is for lights, and green is for horn. I dont have a horn, so would this work better, and i am a newb, so bare with me on the basic nature of this diagram

IMG_20210330_134216196.jpg

> Johnny C Wrote:

> looking at the wiring diagram, Yellow is for lights, and green is for

> horn. I dont have a horn, so would this work better, and i am a newb,

> so bare with me on the basic nature of this diagram

> >

The green wire is not for the horn. There is a separate horn circuit that uses a green wire but that is not related to the green wire off the stator. The yellow wire is also not necessarily for the lights. The yellow wire connecting to the dimmer switch on the handlebar pulls power from the gray wire that also provides power to the speedometer light and the taillight.

After looking at a slightly higher res version of the wiring diagram I found online, I can say with like 90% certainty that this is how the stock key/wiring works:

Key off: black wire from stator to coil connected to ground. Negative terminal of the battery is NOT connected to ground through switch.

Key on (day, no lights): Green from stator to positive of battery, which powers the horn, brake lights, neutral indicator. Negative terminal of battery connects to ground through the switch.

Key on (night, lights): Yellow from stator connects to both the battery and to the headlight/taillight circuit, green isn't connected. Negative terminal of battery connects to ground through the switch. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account