Sachs 505/1D Parts Build- no power to rear wheel.

So I completely disassembled every part of this bike. Originally just a Sachs Eagle 1 frame and 505/1D engine. It has now been kitted (Airsal), ported, resealed, new Dellorto SHA 15, new chain, wiring, cleaned out cutch and replaced pads, repainted and gas tank resealed, timed it best i could...

It fires right up, but i am dealing with the same issue I had before total rework... The front sprocket is delivering almost zero power to the rear wheel. The engine is ripping, yet can barely turn the wheel. There is almost no resistance on rear wheel, i can spin it very easily with my hand. I had the wheel taken apart and cleaned/re-greased the bearings... Im running out of ideas.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Re: Sachs 505/1D Parts Build- no power to rear wheel.

Mess up the clutch somehow. Or already glazed them.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pre load axial play.

The clutch nut comes lose easily. The wave washers collapsed or have thin instead of fat washers. I have found mix and matching the fat washers with thin plates there are 3 different clutch setups two different bells I know of.

I have fat and thin plates. and all fat spring washers I used hardware store washers for the last shims. The manual shows a regular washer before the Clutchbell. That's wrong.

If the central hub or the plates hang rework them with a fine emery cloth.

Ok thanks for getting back to me! I was wondering about the clutch... I was definitely going by the book and set that gap just right i thought... But you're saying get thicker spring washers then? also, I have like 3 different sized shims and am using the thickest one currently. Should i try another on top or back off and go thinner? I didnt notice anything hanging... I just kinda have everything set pretty standard... (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I used two thin one fat plate on the three gang. And one each on the two gang with two washers as shims on the end. All fat springs on 3g just 1 of each two g.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account