Okay Jawa guys, a question only you may be able to answer...

Pulling apart my Supreme 2, just removed the forks. Oh SH*T! What I thought (!) was a set of captured ball bearings in the headset ends up being loose! Literally! They fell out, of course, and I think I got them all. I'll be looking for a parts breakdown in the meantime, but in case you have a source for me that shows the bearing count. I bet I lost one...how many were in there? Going to Myron's and the Jawa store?)

Re: Okay Jawa guys, a question only you may be able to answer...

Myron's shows 42, so 21 each end of the head tube...

The Jawa 207 spare parts manual also lists 42, and has the part number:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1tXga9cCnOVitRby00kHXRB14tXUim739

Page 16

Thanks!

For future reference, magnets are your best friend to grab all those bearings.

Yeah, and review the parts breakdown one more time before pulling things apart. I would have sworn I saw a picture with captured bearings in a ring. Nope

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Thick grease will hold em for assembly. But get the diameter of the races and upgrade to caged ball ring whilst you are in there.

Yeah, Slewfoot, I see the kit on Treats to convert. That's a very unique caged bearing! Wonder what other applications there are using that type with the cage centered on the bearings instead of just one size exposed? I think Puch has the one sided type...

it's not too dissimilar from some bicycle headset bearing types, you'll find the "one side" more on old road bikes and usually "centered cage" as you put it, on everything else.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account