E-ton Moped wont start.

Benjamin Braun /

I have a 2002 E-ton Beamer. It was in storage for the winter and had made some repairs to the tail light and exhaust port. It is currently unable to start. It cycles its 49cc engine but fails to fully start. I had attempted to diagnose this by using started fluid. it worked but it only lasted relatively to the amount of fluid I use. I assumed it was a fuel injection problem, so I removed the fuel valve and stuck it in a bottle to see the flow. It appears to be flowing gas but stops at a certain point. I checked the air valve in the pressure-based petcock, but nothing seems to be wrong with it. The air filter doesn't seem to be the issue either. Can someone please help me in finding the problem and fixing it. I need this bike to work as soon as possible.

Re: E-ton Moped wont start.

Just clean out your carb. It's not getting any fuel. That's about as far as we can really help with a scooter like yours. There are some good scooter sites that could help you more. Good luck.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Did you pull the electric choke, and test it? Does the plug get wet, when attempting to start it?

Benjamin Braun /

How and where do I test the electric choke

That's a scooter. We mostly do mopeds here (hence the name of the site). You'll have better luck on a forum or fb group dedicated to scooters.

that was my 1st 2 wheeled vehicle, in like 2007. It was awesome, theyre quuuick

anyway, it sounds like you figured out to check the right stuff, if you open the drain screw on the bottom of the carb and then suck on the air valve to the petcock, does gas dribble out the bottom consistently? If so, you've got gas to the carb, and it's just not getting into the cylinder, or at least not at the right ratios. if so the likeliest is dirty carb jet. take the carb off, blow all the jets and passges out with carb cleaner spray (wear safety glasses for real haha) and reinstall, you should be golden.

+1 on checking the electric choke / bystarter. also make sure all the vacuum hoses are connected on the carb and intake, otherwise the fuel won't flow.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

It could also be water in the tank. Drain, dry tank, and use fresh fuel.

Benjamin Braun /

Thanks for the help. I cleaned the carburetor and emptied the fuel tank. I brought in new fuel and it has started to work. Only now, it has a new problem. it takes several attempts to start after sitting in storage for a day. When it does start, it loses power when it is idle and loses it faster when I use the throttle. Igniting it again makes the idle last a little longer. Almost if I have to make multiple ignitions to get it going. After several ignitions, it's fully operational but loses power when it is idle. I left it to recharge for one day and this video shows what it looks like now.

startin e-ton beamer

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account