Just got a Delarto SHA15.15 carb and I am puzzled

The manifold that I purchased has an OD of 20mm, the carburetor had a sleeve that was smaller than that. When I removed the sleeve the opening where the carb slides onto the manifold is now to big. I have checked and there doesn't seem to be a sleeve/reducer that will work with the new manifold and the new carburetor.

I am working on a 58 Mobylette AV88. Anyone else have this issue? Should I just buy a different manifold? It is getting old.

Re: Just got a Delarto SHA15.15 carb and I am puzzled

Dirty30 Dillon /

There are a number of SHA Shims available.

http://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=sha+shim

That said, you should remeasure your manifold OD and Carb ID.

Yeah they have as thin as .5mm I believe. If you still cant get a shim on there I have actually cut out the pinch area a little more on the carb mount so it can flex a little more and hold on the intake. But this can cause the clamp to crack and brake from the stress if you go too far with it, so just be careful, or at least be aware.

I have often made shims, I like to use strips from milk jugs cuz HDPE is good vs gas and also nicely compressible and airtight. but yea, you can find a shim that'll fit

Where did you look for shims?

Overpriced Parts /

> Steven Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Where did you look for shims?

You could’ve looked up a few posts and you would’ve saw this:

http://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=sha+shim

I think on some sha carbs there is an id of 20mm with no shim, just a tight pressure fit. I just forget on what moped they came on.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A portable dishwasher coupler from the hardware store cut to fit.

I checked on line at both mopeddivision and treatland. Both show ones with a 1mm shim down to 19mm and I need to get to 20mm. Might just go to the milk jug way.

I bought both the carb and the manifold at the same time.

Always something.

Thanks for your ideas.

Zonie

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account