Bing carb question

Was going through a box of carbs i have accumulated and found a bing 85 12 104 A ..all.others i have say 85 12 101 ...i looked in the wiki about any difference and found it says the 104 does not have a needle like the 101...now the question..my bing 104 has a needle and looks exactly like the 101s i have..did they make 2 versions of the 104 carb ?

Screenshot_2021-04-19-20-11-52.png

Re: Bing carb question

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Are these for Sachs? The square Bing had a few variants

Manual choke and a tickle valve many used the needle to restrict fuel flow some took the un metered fuel like the manual shift Spanish sis & some d models.

They are for sachs on a columbia...the picture to the left is the way mine is made.that says 104 A....i borrowed the picture from the web so it is backwards from mine..they are both square bing and look alike.. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A came with a bigger jet. Early As had a float that didn't have a float needle notch but the pin was in the hole and the float blocked it.

Has a 52 jet ...float might have been changed ,it has the slot

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Its a 35mph carb upjet to 54...

Then it's exhaust and timing and a hotter spark plug.

Thanks. I'll try some of that..

Russell Lacourt /

I bought a 15mm aftermarket carb for my jc Penney swinger will it work?

Not without correct jetting and atomiser. Or maybe not at all if you bought the wrong one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account