1980 Sachs Sundancer has spark and compression but wont start

Replaced the petcock and cleaned the fuel line, filter, carburetor, float bowl, and jets. Fired up for about 3 seconds and then died. What do I do now?

20210425_164252.jpg

Re: 1980 Sachs Sundancer has spark and compression but wont start

I'd try choke on and choke off. And if the tank was really dirty, you might need to clean that carb out often. My 50v tank was pretty terrible. I let it sit with vinegar, flushed for an hour, later let it sit with Evaporust, more flushing, and I still get crap in my carb fairly regularly. Eventually, I'll pull the bike apart so I can better manipulate the tank next attempt.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All bulbs must work and. Be the right wattage. The tail ceramic resistor isn't cracked or the resistor in the wiring block. Unless you bypass the tailight return circuit.

Get a new Condensor it's so old the army won't let it serve.

1st, s your spark good? If not, ground the blue/black (or green/black) wire to bypass the taillight grounding issue

2nd) does is start on starter fluid then die when it runs out? my suspicion is your carb's not flowing. cuz it's a square bing. take it off, remove the float bowl, put some short piece of clean fuel line on and see if you can blow through it when the float is hanging down, vs carb upside down with the float pushing what would be normall up.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account