New carb Honda PAII

All:

I ended up with a 78 Honda PAII. don't know much about it, but I think it's got carb issues. I'm going to tear into it, but looking around, it doesn't look to me like you can just buy a replacement carb for this machine. Is that right, or does someone know of a source for that?

Figured I'd ask, just in case I need one. I've seen some carbs advertised as "custom fit," but I don't really know what that means.

Aaron

Aaron

Re: New carb Honda PAII

Look up how to clean your stock carb.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Look up how to clean your stock carb.

Yeah, I've looked up the info on carb maintenance. I'm just trying to run down if it's possible to just replace the whole carburetor, in case I end up wanting to do that.

Aaron

> Aaron W Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > pat splat Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Look up how to clean your stock carb.

>

> Yeah, I've looked up the info on carb maintenance. I'm just trying to

> run down if it's possible to just replace the whole carburetor, in case

> I end up wanting to do that.

>

> Aaron

You're still going to have to tune any new carb . A lot easier to work with what you have . Pretty hard to beat OEM Honda .

And while I'm at it, anyone got a source for a new fuel shutoff valve for that machine? Mine will definitely need replaced.

I think I found one supplier, but they looked backordered until the next millenium....

Aaron

I'm sure treatland.tv or doscycles.com has a petcock.

If you must replace the carb, buy a used oem here in the buy sell forum. Not a clone...the switch the jet from your carb into the new one.

Just match the threads multiple different angles will work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account