Rewiring a Vespa Bravo, but need some help! :)

I'm rewiring my Vespa Bravo and saw that my engine has a 3 coil setup (look at picture under).

moped-army-412c14cb272edf4496de2fe93bd6270a.jpg

I need to buy new coils and wonder if anyone know if the middle coil is a condenser and if i can switch to a setup that looks like this instead.

moped-army-4707eea0f96b051fa0c27b0089b53c8c.jpg

Having a hard time finding the middle coil (or condenser) for my Vespa bravo. Any help helps a lot :)

Re: Rewiring a Vespa Bravo, but need some help! :)

What makes you think you need new coils ?

And , the middle coil is a coil , not a condenser .

Your condenser may be externally mounted .

Don't think it's the coil itself, but really just the wires that are all crusty and needs to be changed. Was thinking it was smart to just change the coils out to since its been in a garage for 20+ years. Had a problem with the grounding so when i was braking the moped died. All of the cables was broken and crusty especially the ones where the coils are located. (edited)

Here's a service manual :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F__2fVD3St75K7UBsOV0wM5AntUW1fd5

Test each component separately and replace only what's needed .

Firing the parts blunderbuss usually creates just as many , if not more , problems .

Tuck those wires. Engine dies while braking tells you your brake bulb is out.

LOL that first pic sure looks familiar! ;)

The middle coil is not needed to ride the bike. You should definitely switch to an external condenser.

What's wrong with your coils? Post an actual pic of yours and show us what's up.

(pdcomm): Thank you for the manuals i will check the components.

(ggspeed): I allready checked if it was the brake bulb, changed both taillight and brake light. Think it's the wires. The isolation is all broken on most of them.

(Ike Pipe): Yeah didn't get any good pics on my phone haha, but i'll post some today, don't think its the coils themself, but just the wires. Would it be posible to just change the wires going from the coils?

Of course you can change the wires out with something of similar gauge and color preferrably. Solder on end terminals and shrink wrap to make it legit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account