Honda hobbit 1980

George taylor /

When i start it it will not idle it goes to high rpm but the carburetor is not open then there is a peace that gets hot real fast on the wiring i will put a photo of it what is going on with it

20210428_181404.jpg

Re: Honda hobbit 1980

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

What is that? Doesn't look like a rectifier, which would be in that area. Lotsa people in PDX with Hobbits. Haven't met up with any one? No Wednesday night moped rides? How fast is the Hobbit? That wiring appears to be a mess.

...............................not..........................................................................

what is that doesn't look like a rectifier which would be in that area lotsa people in PDX with Hobbits haven't met up with any one no Wednesday night moped rides how fast is the Hobbit That wiring appears to be a mess

I (we) can't understand you without punctuation.

That looks like one of the old ceramic resistors from a CEV tail light.

Did someone replace the fuse with a resistor? That's gonna burn the whole fucking bike to the ground

George taylor /

Yes the wiring is a mess. I am new to the moped world got this honda and a 77 motobecane this honda i am trying to get right it does about 45 mphany help i can use

George taylor /

So what do i need to do i will take a photo of the wiring it just goes everywere so i know i need to take that peace off can i wire that it goes to the back lite?

George taylor /

This is what it looks like

16197456649271329971983896178094.jpg
16197457023113598164060861267324.jpg

Here's a service manual , with wiring diagrams :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qgvvz2L7uUeu5Lr93T4Tf2gXKWKwp16Z

Get a decent meter and start tracing . Mark each wire as you go with tape and writing .

Jesse Nordlander /

Wiring aside, you must have an air leak. Most common spot is lower side of reed block. Spray some carb cleaner around to note a change in rpm, indicating the leak

George taylor /

Thank you guys i will try all that tomorrow so take the peace i have in the photo off

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account