Crankshaft Resistance

Hey how’s it going?

Maybe you can help me. I have an AV7 engine with a 74cc airsal kit on it. When I put everything together and then put the cylinder on, there’s this weird resistance when the piston hits bottom dead center. Is this normal or am I an idiot? Like, I have to really turn the damn thing to make the piston come back up. Any ideas of what the problem might be or how I can fix it?

Re: Crankshaft Resistance

I’m thinking that maybe the port of the crankshaft case that the cylinder goes into is too small. When I assembled it, I had to tap it in with a hammer. Perhaps the piston is being squeezed when it passes through here? The piston turns freely until it it tries to loop back up during bottom dead center.

Are you sure you're not describing compression?

Remove spark plug, is it much better?

So you hit the cylinder for it to settle down into the case. Dont do that, should just slip right in. Probably bent the super thin cylinder skirt which is pinching the piston down low. The fix, ahhh get it back out and mess with it till the piston moves freely, piston drop and clean up the cases.

^ i agree, if you can't piston drop it, theres your answer.

sometimes the crank bearings will have some drag if you're not centered right after reassembly, you can pull the crank to both sides to releive that, but it doesnt sound like what youre describing. pull the topend and check piston drop. easy

Wtf is up with these ads??? Is anybody else seeing this dumb shit??? Creepy

Screenshot_2021-05-03-22-09-58.png

Dirty30 Dillon /

Ads are personalized a number of factors including cookie and browser history, so...

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ads are personalized a number of factors including cookie and browser

> history, so...

There you go

59BB5B8A-130F-4DB4-9200-8FD7C9DDA66C.jpeg

Ha ha

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ads are personalized a number of factors including cookie and browser

> history, so...

Asian women are not my cup of tea, so it must be all those "invention" patents ive been applying for. I find the ad creepy and inappropriate. (edited)

What you find the jaw locking device creepy and inappropriate? That's weird.

I figured it out. A few nights ago I asked the girlfriend to rub my neck and shoulders after a long hard day at work. She declined with some smart ass answer. So, I says, I'll just have to find me a massage parlor. She says yeah right. Next thing you know I google nearby parlors with well over 20 hits. She tells me to be sure to get a happy ending and I said of course.

Sorry thread jack over.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Mine are all gun ads...

I don't have want or need one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account