Jawa 207 not running

Hi all I just bought a jawa 207, I've got the "slight" problem of it not running. Firstly I'll list all the things I've done. I've tested the thyristor it seems fine. I have a new 4v silver can coil. I've got beautiful spark but only with one type of plug and it's not the type that jawa recommends the others just dont spark? The head had a stripped plug thread but still has 150psi compression on 2 different testers. I've even done a gas drain on the head upside down to see if it leaks past the plug. The carb is cleaned and sealed. Lastly I've thrown either starter fluid down it and it wont fire at all not even a sputter. I've cleaned the stator drum and gapped the magnets. I set the timming for 1.5mm after the mark at TDC. All seems to be in order but it wont start. If someone anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Re: Jawa 207 not running

> john mingst Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>I set the timming for

> 1.5mm after the mark at TDC. All seems to be in order but it wont start.

> If someone anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Shouldn't that^ be BEFORE TDC ?

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > john mingst Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >I set the timming for

>

> > 1.5mm after the mark at TDC. All seems to be in order but it wont

> start.

>

> > If someone anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

>

> Shouldn't that^ be BEFORE TDC ?

The manual says to go to the alignment mark and rotate the drum clockwise to TDC which when I got there was 1.5 mm which is within the criteria for what it says. I may have typed it weird but i did as the manual follows with a dial gauge. Also the timming cant be the problem because I hooked a drill up to the stator and spun the motor while moving the timming like a distributer on a car and I got not a single sputter while spraying either. (Yes i marked my measured original spot) (edited)

Ive got the exact same problem with mine,, the me thing I think is about mine is that the pulsar coil that's epoxied on the stator plate its cracked and its exposing some of the wire so i put some glue on it to cover it back up but i still am not getting any spark i really need some freaking help with this anyone????!!!!

Jawa Sadness:

"When you think your original thyristor is good, but it's not."

A large capacitor is a key component of the Jawa thyristor. Capacitors in all electronics don't age well. If yours won't fire a new correct plug, just replace it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account