Sachs 505 clutch woes

My clutch pack keeps falling apart during wot.

Any takers?

Re: Sachs 505 clutch woes

Explain, failing apart.

Gotta put a set screw through the cog/gear thing to keep it in, right?

Worm dirt....ya prolli.

My clutch nut falls off and then the clutch pack falls apart.....

Need to put a setscrew on the clutch nut!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Redlocktite rolling paper heatgun.

I recently drilled, tapped and installed a set screw on the toothed gear, and used red loctite on the clutch nut. Holding well so far on my 504 with Athena 80cc Reed kit.

Yeah I used to do the set screw in the spline piece and never had issue of the nut spinning off even with the monster 80. (just with the pads glazing maybe monthly...)

I think part of the challenge too may be hard coaster braking - that can put a torque to loosen that nut (I think>? I havent actually thought about it in detail)

Anyway, recently I've just started using two thin nuts on the end and locking them against each other and that's worked as well, much simpler but less effective, though totally enough for stock or on the milder kits.

also brake cleaner and loctite those threads and nut. you need to clean all the oil off 1st so thats where brake cleaner comes in

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The rolling paper will get gummy w locktit the fibers make it expand with heat need a heatgun to get it back off.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account