sachs pedal crank clearance with flywheel cover

Eli Szymanowski /

On my Sachs G3 (505 1/D), the right sides pedal crank seems to consistently hit the flywheel cover and it's making a small curved indentation. There's a little bit of play laterally on the crank, but I can't imagine this is normal?

I pulled the wedged cottar pin and and inspected to see if anything seemed abnormal, but looked fine. I bought the bike used, and the guy before me had put on new pedals, exhaust, and did who knows what else to it.

I bought a new flywheel cover but don't want the same thing to keep happening, is there a way to resolve this? Is there a longer crank axle, or different cranks to move the pedals out further to avoid contact w/ the flywheel cover?

Any insight would be great, thanks!

Eli

Re: sachs pedal crank clearance with flywheel cover

Take your rubber mallet and gently tap on the cover.

Round 2.

Adjust the clearance by adjusting the pedal on the shaft

Bend that arm out enough to clear .

Grab the end in a vise and wack with sledge to bend out. Close one eye and picture bi scratchy.

Your moped was probably droped on that side and bent the pedal arm..about the only true fix is straighten the arm or get a replacement. If you try to straighten it be careful ,they will break the pedal shaft off and cause a major problem

Take the crank arm off and bend it away. Don't do it with the crank arm on the pedal shaft. Put a dowel under the pedal shaft when you hammer out the bolt and wedge holding the arm o to the shaft. Loosen up the nut and whack the nut and not the pin.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account