? For Tomos Arrow or Racing TT(,etc) owners

How much space is there between the exhaust mount and swingarm?? Pictures of the area as well as pictures of the upper shock mount area, possibly with measuring tape along the frame for reference and specs would be very helpful also!!! I know I'm asking a lot, I've done as much as possible using internet pics and repair manuals but I need specific real life measurement that can't be found anywhere other than an owner of one!!! Thank you ahead of time!!!

Re: ? For Tomos Arrow or Racing TT(,etc) owners

Hey completelylost, are you trying to remember in in metric or standard? I remember tossing the arrow pipe and vaguely remember it did have that high shock mount. The spring being one in the frame next to a bracket that held on a rear fender subframe that was missing on mines so the fender swings w swingarm. Fender super close to tire. (edited)

It doesn't matter what measuring system is used- if possible to get the distance down from the top of the frame under the seat to the top of the mount- I'm turning a streetmate/ revival into an arrow/ racing tt which I have everything for so my final piece of the puzzle is exactly where I'm welding the plate and shock mount onto the frame!!! I noticed the exhaust mount bracket hits the swingarm so want to avoid having to do the grind and move trial and error on the frame and hoping to get it positioned correctly on the first try with the welder

If you have all the pieces just hold em there tack weld step back and squint. If i still had it id snap some picts forgot to take em w tape measure good luck.

Do it a better way, mount the exhaust all bolted up tight to the cylinder and then make the mount based off where the pipe wants to fit. It will make your instant studs as well as mount much more happier.

I agree with Garrett. Just mock stuff up and put it where it wants to sit naturally. Nothing says any of that has to be some kind of factory spec.

Most of my aftermarket pipes have to have additional extension brackets made to attach the pipe to the frame mount.

There's a point where the swingarm hits the exhaust mount and every picture I can find the bike is on the kickstand, was wondering how/ where it sits off the kickstand and figured I could use the distance between the swingarm and exhaust mount as a good reference for welding the upper shock mount if I could get mine to sit with wood under the engine mount area giving approx same distance if I was able to get that info or even a picture or 2 of sitting height off the stand with a measuring tape for reference from the ground to the bottom of the frames engine mount area??

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account