What size reamer do I need for puch e50?

I'm having trouble finding what size reamer I need to get for the wrist pin bushings on my e50? I found one thing that said 10mm but idk. Thanks all

Re: What size reamer do I need for puch e50?

Stock is 10mm. Measure the wrist pin that came with your top end to be sure.

Try and make a jig to hold the reamer dead on with the con rod. It makes the whole process that much easier to execute

I guess another question I have is can I just get any type of reamer as long as its 10mm it doesn't have to be the puch ron rod reamer? Those are sold out everywhere I look online

Can you rent or borrow one?

I remember a website that rented them out.

Reamers are so expensive and rarely used. Just a thought.

I've found a couple online that aren't to expensive but idk much about this I mean couldn't I just get a drill bit that's the right size and use thay

Negative on the drill bit. Not an accurate cutting tool.

The reamer should come with a drill bit that is slightly undersized, or reference the correct size. Then the reamer has little work to step that up to a perfect sized, straight, smooth bore.

I like diy spirit. If you buy the stuff to do it yourself, practice on some scrap material until you get it down. Test fit the wrist pin into the practice holes.

Ok cool but any 10mm reamer will work as long as it's for non ferrous metals is that correct

Dirty30 Dillon /

You need to know the tolerance needed for this. I don't know as if the stock puch reamers are a true 10mm. They are specific to the wrist pin, and stock wrist pins can be slightly different than aftermarket ones, etc.

The real question is why would you spend the ~$100 on reaming the small end on a puch crank when you can spend ~$150 and get a a roller crank, with new bearings and seals (which may assuage the issue that caused the small end fail in the first place)?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I’m pretty sure it’s 12mm, not 10. I just did the wrist pin bushing on my Maxi and I used a 12mm reamer.

Richard Eberline /

12mm all day long

My bad you're absolutely right

IMG_20210605_145631935.jpg

People have been known to wrap 600 grit wet/dry around a mandrill and use it in a drill press. It wasn't me and you can't prove it was.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

FYI….I also have the Puch dealer adjustable reamer that reams between 11.5 mm and 12.5 mm. I still like my non-adjustable 12mm reamer better.

I used a stepped hobby reamer meant for rc airplane props. Worked like a charm. Needed a little cleanup with emery cloth to make it buttery afterword.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/great-planes-4step-metric-prop-reamer-7mm-8mm-10mm-12mm-gpmq5007/p-qqawqatqpc2xactz?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqs3QwfiB8QIVJD2tBh2NOw0LEAQYASABEgIHjvD_BwE

Edit, after looking. I found tons of 12mm reamers for cheap online. If I was to do it again I would buy one of those instead of my solution from years ago...

So yeah, any 12mm reamer should work fine. (edited)

No matter what I do i.cant get the new bushing to stay in I dont.need the press.to.press it in i.can just pop it in and out by finger what am I doing wrong

20210609_233508.jpg

Probably Fred /

> Michael Gamba Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No matter what I do i.cant get the new bushing to stay in I dont.need

> the press.to.press it in i.can just pop it in and out by finger what am

> I doing wrong

If your using the correct size bushing and it does that, that means your crank is out of spec and needs to be replaced, so basically all that work, bushing and reamers means doink because now you have to get a new crank.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I ordered a couple of bushings from treats and they were all too loose. A buddy mailed me a NOS bushing and it was the correct size and I pressed it in. I doubt the problem is your crank if you ordered the same bushings I did from treats. Find some original Puch bushings and you should be fine.

Does the bushing accept your old pin? If not then maybe its just perfect to draw it thru bushing to expand into conrod...

Measurements of small end, bushing id/od, would be nice.

Yeah the bushing accepts the pin didnt even need to be reamed but I did it by hand a little bit before i tried to install and I could tell a difference it spun like buttery smooth. I do have a super stuffy crank brandy new in another bottom end I wanted to put a gila on but that's for the future. The bushing I squeezed out was in their so tight I highly doubt the end of the conrod is out of spec

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account