Motomarina Sebring (MO2)... Metrakit MK3 or MLM Peoples???

20210528_122112.jpeg

I have a relatively stock 1980 Motomarina Sebring with MO2 motor and am undergoing some performance upgrades. I'll be updating my SHA 14.14 carb to an SHA 15.15 and debating between the Metrakit MK3 exhaust and the MLM Peoples exhaust, as they seem to be the most popular for this engine. Already geared down my sprocket to 34T which gives me great take off the line. Currently get just under 30mph and hoping to get between 35-40mph top speed.

Does anyone have any experience with either or both exhausts? Pros and cons of each? Which will garner better top end performance over which will be overall quieter (somewhat a concern)? Any other exhausts I should consider?

I'm newer to Mopeds in general, so thanks in advance for your thoughts! (edited)

Re: Motomarina Sebring (MO2)... Metrakit MK3 or MLM Peoples???

Dirty30 Dillon /

Peoples Pipe is very nice and fits well, I would recommend that for a first time builder. Also, the 14.14 to 15.15 upgrade is probably not worth the money. You will be able to wring out the same performance from the bike with either carb on a stock cylinder.

Thanks for the thoughts! Good to know the 14.14 to 15.15 might not really be worth it. I do eventually hope to convert the cylinder but those kits are very hard to come by, so starting small for a little extra power where I can. Might a 16.16 carb make more sense or might that put too much strain on the stock cylinder?

FYI, I have someone with more motor experience that is helping me out, just wanting to do as much independent research as I can. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Gotcha, I figured as much seeing it at NYC Mopeds yesterday. JP and the boys will take care of you.

makes sure you cut the 2 foot of header out the mk3 if you go that route

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Erik Thalman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> makes sure you cut the 2 foot of header out the mk3 if you go that route

Being hyperbolic, but yes, the header does extend into the chamber. It's not necessary to modify the pipe to run it but doing so will increase the performance.

Knowing that 90% of NYC moped folks don't have a garage, let alone a welder, It's easier to just spend the extra bucks on the peoples and avoid having to pay someone to weld it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account