Front end puch maxi flexing/ play

Ethan Silvestri /

If I were to hold my front wheel between my legs and rotate the handlebars side to side there is a lot of flexing motion somewhere in the fork. This gives it really bad steering response and also sometimes the handlebars are not aligned straight with the wheel. What could cause this?

image.jpg

Re: Front end puch maxi flexing/ play

Not running a brace has a lot to do with it.

Looks like you need a fork brace. And maybe check the tightness of the pinch bolts on the lower yoke when the forks are straight.

https://www.treatland.tv/stabilizer-for-EBR-MAXI-MAGNUM-forks-p/ebr-black-maxi-mag-stabilizer.htm

A fork brace really does help with that. I used a stock puch one and it works fine.

No fender, no cross brace, no support between the forks, no good. That's to be expected without a brace or fender

Ethan Silvestri /

Looking at treatland. Should i go for the extra strong or will the single stabilizer be adequate?

anything’s bettern nothing.

Don’t just slap a brace or fender on. Loosen up everything on the brace, wheels, forks, etc. Just a little.

Then, tighten it all down with a careful eye on symmetry.

I think people assume that forks are built perfectly or aligned or something.

Maybe sometimes. But, usually it’s up to the owner to make sure everything is copacetic.

Yeah my unbraced / no fender maxi was like what you described. Adding just the el cheapo like $15 fork brace, made it a lot better - I’ve seen multiple break though. If I had to do it again I’d recommend one of the beefier MLM ones.

It looks like you opted for the ebr's without the brace tab welded on. You will need to get crafty to add a brace to it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account