70cc kstar

to you out thir with this kit.

do you like it?

what carb are you using

how much did you port the kit

has any one cut down the skrit of the kit going in to the case it is real long next to the transfers

Re: 70cc kstar

I will let you know when I get mine.

I have the 70cc K-star on my Maxi MK II. 70cc high-compression head. With a weird custom intake and a 17mm bing widemouth, running a 98 jet. Tecno boss exhaust. No porting. It's relatively torquey and it she tops out at 41-42mph on flats (I weigh about 160). Pretty good on hills. I personally think it's a little overcarbed (but it was either that or a 12mm). But it's a pretty decent kit. It was 99 bucks from treats. It's a big improvement over stock -but the intake port is kinda small. It's my daily driver. I've put just under 700 miles on the kit since the beginning of September and it's stood up to 30-plus mile drives a few times. I DID break it in VERY gently though, for the first 200 miles.

Patrick did you just bot it on no crank or and case matching

i just got mine from treats today and i filed the 2 sets of circular holes (4 total) into 2 elongated or oval shaped hole (2 total) with a skinny round file. they seem to match up to the boost ports well now. cleaned up some of the ports where it was needed. i was going to look at opening up the transfers when i go to case match it, maybe the intake too. ill let you know what i do and how it turns out but this is my winter experiment/project so it might be awhile... im hoping to get at least 50 out of it but we'll see.

i was referring to the holes on the piston when i was talking about filing...

I have one in the mail. patrick, I am gps 41 on a stock jug. So I hope I can do a little better than 42. I am thinking 52. on a za50 magnum.

i have one that i am working on with a 21 oko 70cc head a dmp crank and ported as far as i can take it i was really wondering about the jug it covers up 1/2 the transfer i am thinking of cuting part of it of to open the transfer up

Yeah -I just bolted it on. I kept the same head gasket (so as to avoid changing/messing with timing) and just made sure the head was torqued properly (using a torque wrench) to 7ftlbs -and torqued it down after every 50-60 miles or so, for the first couple of hundred. She runs really well now.

Wow. When I used to have an 80 Magnum II -totally stock, 12mm bing and stock pipe -she used to top out at right around 30/31. What's your set-up? 41 is AWESOME for stock! For me, on my maxi, low 40s is pretty much fast enough. I didn't want to mess around with porting because I just didn't want to screw it up. I may eventually buy another engine, and kit, for her, and experiment/learn. Maybe in the spring. Yeah -like I said, the only thing that seemed really obvious to me (and I'm obviously NOT a high-level tuner :) was that the intake port seems kinda small -especially compared to some other kits. It's WAY smaller, for example, than my 17mm bing intake. So -basically, alot of my carb is going to waste...

I have ported the intake and exaust. 15:15 dell. tecno bullet pipe.

custom intake. stock gearing.

my kstar, still very untuned, case matched, 15mm bing, techno boss, 16x45 gearing, 70cc high comp, stock clutch setup. Is matching Mike's (mijunkin ire) 65metra case matched, tuned clutch, 19mm phbg, techno boss.

Mine is on a maxi, Mike's is on a magnum.

GPS he is hitting 52 or something near there, I haven't ran mine yet sinnce the setup isn't complete.

still tuning mine as well. just slapped it on an engine matched for polini! 16 del w/74 jet! derestricted the airfilter, boss pipe. haven't maxed it out yet, but it gets up to speed pretty good and runs pretty smooth! The only thing is it seems to be running pretty damn hot!! I 've checked the timing a few times, and I think the jetting is good. 40:1 oil mix! no airleaks! why would it run hot?

Cory (mrtdr 133) /

basically none of us have tuned a kstar to it's full potential. i'm running it with a homoet and 15mm bing. stock gearing. i'm assuming i'm mid 40s, maybe a little faster. idk, haven't gps'd it or paced a car yet to figure out actual speed.

I will be instaling my kit today what mix should I start ist with.

Jesse

got my kit on and running good in about an hour. 15 15 dell carb,77jet, tecno bullet exaust on a za 50 magnum. I didn't case match it but I will later. Screams I love this kit!!

What kind of gaskets are you guy's running if any.

70cc base from treats.

no head gasket.

thanks, I thought my piston might be hitting my head.

3 base gaskets and 1 head and it still makes a little clicking kinda sound though!! hmmmm....

It was a good bang for the buck. $99 = 45.5mph with a bing....

I have a ping sound from mine also. just running one base gasket.

Word on the street is use a milk carton.

Yep very pingy, probably the port timing. Oh well, I cant here it over the pipe...

getting a kit to me what like getting a new moped. so much low end. and I haven't even tuned it yet.

i have a 70 kmart kit with 21 dellorto (90) jet, non case matched and simonini. 13-45 gearing. Super quick off the line, super bog rich, hits just a little above 30 so far. When its broken in i will case match and port and down jet and then hopefully faster?

Anybody got some really nice kmart kit set ups that they enjoy?

30? You're doing something wrong.

Case match it

Get an appropriate carb (or match the 19mm intake to your 21)

That simonini is a very high end pipe and this is a pretty low end kit, it's going to take a lot of work for you to really hit it.

i am breaking it in right now.

21 is fine, i dont think im even going to case match it.

the simo is no prob.

I have a 70cc from treats, I case matched, 19mm dellorto racing

carb, proma gp exhaust (I took the silencer off it since I forgot to

take it off when I put it on the fire to clear the gunk out of i

t......and it got melted), need to match the exhaust and intake

but so far it runs strong, I don't have any way to get exact

speed...but the speedo says 20-25+ on monster hills and haven't

topped it out on flat ground yet but before the dellorto I had a

drilled-out bing formerly 12mm to 15.5mm and my speedo said

45, but I don't know GPS.

yea ,we rode in santa cruz with the santa cruz kids and well, i was blasting up some hills. torque-y kits?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account