Re: 46 mm Puch Airsal review

<br> There we go

<br> The html way used to work

Thanks Linda, I finally got it figured out. I used to post with the html and it worked, I guess the website code was changed. This way is kind of nice and simple though so hey.

Yeah, I just figured I'd put it there in case anyone else was wondering and couldn't figure it out. I know it gets asked a lot, and goodness knows how long it took me before I learned.

looks good. have you GPSed it yet? i'm really considering one of these for the next kit i get.

A dog ate my gps so I cant get a reading. What I can tell you is that with 17/52 gearing it goes as fast as Id want to go on something like this. It could def pull 18/4x for a top speed run though...

17:52?!!!!?????? no wonder it's scary! with that gearing you could probably climb a wall...

Whops, I just counted the teeth on the back and it 45 or 46 (stock sprocket), not sure why it said 52 on it. Noob error.

I've been running the 46mm airsal for months now on an a35 tomos, vm20, one headgasket, no case modifications. All I had to do was remove a fin that came into contact with the petcock. This kit blasts. Tons of torque. Playing with the gearing now but it topped out at 45mph on gps and now it feels faster after some more tuning.

Beth ended up going with 2 hand cut base gaskets and the head gasket that came with the kit.

I don't understand how you guys didn't have to do some case modification, the sleeve would not go into case (granted, we did not try to force it), but the sleeve we had was about 1mm all the way around too big for the case bore (like if it was a square .25mm on each side).

No head contact...

Not sure, maybe the skirt on your cylinder was bent out a little... Mine slid right in with a little jiggling, 2hp maxi e50 cases so maybe you had some other case. The hardest part was getting the piston ring tucked, the cylinder has no ramp what so ever.

For the head gasket I used .025in thick aluminum (.8mm). Remember that even if it doesnt feel like the piston hits the head it still might just very briefly. After a while this can either shatter the piston or dent it in just a little till it clears.

When i put my pinky into the spark plug hole I could feel around enough that I was mostly out of the squish band before i felt the piston.

I don't think it's hitting. the gasket material we used was fairly thick.

yeah, i had to spend a bout 10 minutes boring out the case for the skirt to fit..and it did not look bent to the naked eye, at all. it was very thin, so we did not try to force it in.

i jetted the same as you, quick, and had some trouble with the metal mesh airfilter from treats, ended up taking it off. it had great low end, (i ramped the transfer ports on the case) and then bogged out from half to full throttle. after switching the idle jet from a 50 to a 45 and taking the air filter off, it flew!

didn't take it too fast, still working on brake issues with the snowflakes (cables are too long, have to do custom narps, etc) so my shoes were my only brakes, but yr right, it rips. thanks for posting all that shit.

1249774119_after.jpg

There's the Beef...That kit looks so sick it's pathetic ! ! ....I was gonna get one in early Dec. but I wasn't sure if my techno circuit pipe would hit the fins and have to buy a new pipe and carb/intake, so I just got a Polini 64 so I could keep my 15mm Bing and T.C. pipe...They should make all the good kits with bigger fins,for real....

Nils Arkevid /

Great fit on my recently purchased 72cc kit. With the block halves screwed together it barely fit in the bore so I took some sand paper and just touched the ID of the block bore. Then it slid right in. Perfect fit.

An easy operation since you have to port match the kit to the block anyway.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account