derbi revolution = polini variator realized!

http://coffeeskitchmopedblog.blogspot.com

special thanks to dan @ action wheel sports ( local moped shop that's transitioned into scooters after the scooter boom, been around since the 70s, these guys are awesome and super helpful) dan helped me find a polini variator for a derbi / cagiva scooter that will fit like a champ.

i really need a wider belt though. any derbi people have measurements of a stock belt? it looks like i need a 19 or 20mm wide belt.

Re: derbi revolution = polini variator realized!

I'm going to try a 600mm x 15mm scooter belt and a 600mm x 17mm scooter belt and let you know what kind of results i get.

I also have the polini dio clutch springs that i will try and install as well.

Cold Trailer GARzan Justin /

Cold Trailer GARzan Justin likes this.

I am sure you know how to search on ma Matt.

https://mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/760830/760830/

If I remember right.. hebo has the best I think its 8 rollers.

search for belts for a gy6 scooter

Fucking awesome.

I can measure my stock belt if thats what you need.

I tracked down the stock belt measurements at one time since I thought I needed one and they don't sell the stock belt state side.

I will see if I can find the actual factory specs. They were in an e-mail from the manufacturer.

They straight up were just like no, we don't sell them in America. When I asked them to send me one they just ignored me. Fuckers.

But anyway. Awesome.

I have both them.. if you state side.

He is looking for a revo, he never said ... what one unless I missed it.

duh, title.. wow..

the polini variator calls for a larger, wider belt. same width as a derbi atlantis (17.9mm) in order to get better ratio and performance otu of it. the factory derbi belt has some safety built into it.

good luck getting hebo stuff easily in the usa. i tried and looked and looked. don't feel like importing through SIP for everything.

this is the hebo variator. it's 6 roller like the polini.

polini variator also was only 90 bucks.

johnny, owns.. aka runs sip.. I think.

Yea.. you can get hebo from the spain sites I deal with.

hmm I think you want to look into vespino for from researching.

Whenever I am unsure of belt sizes I go to farm and fleet and just keep buying and returning them until I get a good one or find the two that the one I need is in between.

Then search on the internet for who has one that fits those dimensions.

They get kind of pissed after the 4th or 5th return but its just a matter if putting the cardboard back on it to make it "unopened".

Also, what is the deal with SIP?

Where are they out of?

i have a proper length belt, i'm jsut struggling to find a wide proper belt. ithink i've got one on the way however

Germany, and they fucking rule btw.

Matt try using the old slide from your stock variator. The thing that goes over the shaft maybe the polini is a tad longer. In case that's vague it's the part in the far right lower corner in the pic above

Assuming the Hunter has both the same/similar clutch and same/similar variator these belts should be the proper dimensions.

Maybe not length wise, but maybe length wise.

http://50cc.nl/frameset_eng.htm?zoek_e.asp~CcMainE

alright. i can always turn down the shaft on the lathe if i need to. i will measure it out tomorrow.

gonna bump this because you CAN use the stock belt with the polini variator. you just need to sand down the polini boss to match the length of the boss from the stock variator.

you can also use a variator from a derbi hunter/predator and the rear pulley/clutch setup (but you have to cut your kickstart cover).

if you use the rear pulley from the hunter/predator then you will need to use a bx22 belt to get full travel out of it. don't cut the polini boss with this belt. you'll need to space out your kickstart cover a hair (just use a m6 washer on top of the locator pins for the cover) and then potentially weld a washer to the inside of the actuator pawl so it stays centered on the crank. props to alex groh for figuring most of this out. I was just the guinea pig.

how much of an improvement is that polini variator, compared to lightened weights in the stocker?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Just ordered from SIP, parts for my Sacre motor.

Super fast shipping and great pricing.

Scooter stuff is cool

It's a big improvement. I have the start5 tjt variator on my other revolution and it's amazing.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account