Re: Derbi flatreed engine un/restricted

This is what it looked like before the rebuild...looks soo much better now than before. I'm just waiting to get it all nasty again. I hear that the term "piston port" is actually spanish for "dirty whore"

In the middle of it

These engine cases are stamp "89". You can see the wider open intake/reedcage area.(edited)

Picture 005 (Medium).jpg
Picture 126 (Medium).jpg
Picture 020 (Medium).jpg

Here is where the autisa company offer different parts/ kit. You can see the entire transmission is pictured and a shaft, fixed vario.. look at them goodies.!

autisalcvariant (Medium).jpg
autisalcgvariant.jpg

Sweet no clutch shoes!

The variator nut is welded to the ramp plate. oh! that is totally stock! :)

"fixed driver"

TU9z.jpg
XUYH.jpg
Nx7y.jpg

As some might say "go big or go home"

Check this porting, wow! Not the cleanest but you get the picture.

NNRW.jpg

derbeez ryderz /

I don't get the point of no clutch ed? I noticed some of the spanish dudes do that.

Let me get that kit.

ed you got a 6 roller vario you wanna sell?

Spencer Jacobson /

so how does it idle with no clutch? use a slightly longer belt that slips until the variator pinches it?

^ cylinder is a random! awesome huh! :) I did to!

na, andy I do not have any thing extra but what came on the engines.

Still reading on the vario setup. Autisa kit trans gears/shaft with the same clutchless vario. More rd!

Here is a rear contra pulley that is restricted. Found it on a engine with the spacer on the vario also.. must of only went 25mph or something. This would stop the belt from going deeper into the cheeks of the pulleys.

Picture 2037 (Medium).jpg

A while back ryan gave me the chance to help him rebuild his vario as it was making some noise.. so anyways, replace the bearing and he told me it was lighten clutch bell that was done by the west coast guys, jimmie had it done or something like that. Well, I had one done by a local guy.

I ended up taking .010 out of the inner clutch bell where the clutch pads ride/wear to clean up some grooves. I ask him to cut the outside of the clutch bell.

stock is .160 thick

mine is .118 thick (.010 from the inner bell)

I can't wait to try this out. I know the clutch doesn't belong on the crankshaft. It's still alot of fun to tinker :) Hope you enjoy. Ryan, said its a huge improvement vs the stock bell vs the .. lighten one. I remember his being like .125ish. kinda of a dark picture.(edited)

Picture 2026 (Medium).jpg

cool ed

how much weight was taken off of yours compared to the stock?

I'll post the weight when I get back togethers. Here something that should be looked at. Lighten vario, stock vs machine/lathed. So, the tjt and stocko could lose some weight.(edited)

pict4410sr2.jpg
pict4411fi6.jpg
pict4412pv0.jpg

hell yeah ed

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Anyone post the weight of the tjt derbi/honda vario? The stock derbi vario is 269 grams. I had one done lathed/cut today and after lightening it was 219 grams, 50 grams!(edited)

Picture 020 (Medium).jpg
Picture 018 (Medium).jpg
Picture 014 (Medium).jpg

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

What a amazing change it does when you lighten the vario and the clutch bell. I haven't lighten the clutch shoes or clutch holder it self yet in due time. Thanks harvey for linking the pics!(edited)

Picture 024 (Medium).jpg
Picture 026 (Medium).jpg

derbeez ryderz /

i guess you aren't running grease in your variator anymore? lol

i was thinking about lightning my clutch bell, but i'm not sure how they chucked the variator to lighten it?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

brian, I use some grease lightly on the ramp plate and bushing. I end up going up from 22.5 grams to 24 grams on the weights. Me and eddie took it out on the town tonight and blasted around really does wonders for 2 people blasting. A stocko cylinder makes for a real screamer! How to hold it hmm I grab it on the inside of the ramps. Might be able to press the bushing and grab it on the id of the vario with the bushing installed for perfecting centering.(edited)

I had .110 removed/cut from the inner/top of the pulley to make it have more low end. The cheeks are closer thus making the belt start high on the rear contra pulley. I want to thank Shaw for posting about it a while back. You can read about it here plus if you read on down.. he speaks about it here. Thanks Shaw for sharing tips and tricks.(edited)

Picture 127 (Medium).jpg
Picture 121 (Medium).jpg

not a Baron Asshole /

Thanks so much ED! you still running the start clutches i see? just wondering if you tried removing them as well?

thanks

pete

I do still run them as of now but been looking at a pull starter of lately. They do slow the bike down a bit.. acts a brake almost.. dragging I would say more.

Since the belt will ride up higher on the rear pulley will the added tension from the belt cause any problems?

P.S. I love this thread

those little variator guide post things are totally dieing to hit something and bust off of there. still rad as fuck tho.

just pulled my intakes. wide open spaces. got my new "reducer shaft bushing" coming. gonna blast ported stock w/ a 15 sha and a tomos circuit. i got a whole nother motor to take all the gears out of and run a 70 metra on. really kill shit up. it's already in "moto mode" i just want to be able to blast over the bridge 2 up and scare babes and shit.

Matt, Did you read the threads I posted completely. Shaw, pretty sure explain it? I knew I would have to spin it down to make the belt lower, thats logic.

his posting.

"shawdog" : "You can machine the rear tensioner where the two cheeks come together...there is alittle space there to get some more tension...you pick up a little bottom end with that mod..."

"shawdog" : "If you take the belt off you can see that the rear pulleys do not touch ....there is room there for a noticable gain ...the inside of those pulleys can be machined down with out a loss of strength so they pinch more and then you can machine the front pulley down in where the belt sits at low speed to make it sit lower in the "V" don't machine into the higher part or this will effect top end.. this will make that bike rip out the hole..."

Tim! :) fun times derbing.(edited)

Do you have any pictures of where you machined the front variator in order to get the belt to sit lower? I might try this when I get my bell and variator lightened. I just don't want to take too much off of one or the other so the belt is too tight or too loose.

Thanks, Matt

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account