List of people with MVT CDI problems

Lincoln Snyder /

Benji at Treatland told me that if I get enough people together that have problems with their MVT CDI's that we could probobly get them fixed for really cheap or even free.

Lets start the list and explain what problems you are having in your post too.

My CDI was on my 103 for about a week before it started changing my timing curve at random and liquifying my pistons. The timing is only correct at idle no matter how it is adjusted. It went through the whole Puddle Cutter Rally weekend perfectly and won the trophy for fastest ped but then the next week it went crazy and has been out of commission ever since.

Re: List of people with MVT CDI problems

Were you running a resistor plug/cable?

Lincoln Snyder /

Iridium plug, resistor. NGK resistor plug cap and whatever wire came with the CDI.

Just curious. I'm firing mine up for the first time tonight, so in a week or so I'll be here crying along with ya.

- Summerai - Retired Chromag /

Maybe to much resistance with the plug and boot is messing with the box??

I have the same issue with my ouch MVT, I was super blasting for a few weeks and then it either stopped sparking all together, or gets spark but cuts out on anything above 35mph or so.

Kinda what mine does. Next time I'm adapting a HPI mini rotor to mine.

Ricky Lacapria /

My HPI works great :-)

but doesnt running a resistor plug + boot not do anything? you're suppose to do one or the other.

I wonder, is it just people with the Puch MVT that are having this problem or are Moby/Peugeot users also getting this, and is just with the Millennium, or is the Premium also suffering?

I have the puch premium and no problems. I had a crappy idle, but I think that was from little mysterious leak that I found + lack of big flywheel.

Does anyone know what the curve is like on these things?

Pug 103 w/ millennium MVT

Would only idle ok, erratic spark over entire powerband

Went back to stock stator and point setup with coil running fine now

Lincoln Snyder /

I also have a millennium for Peugeot 103.

Peugeot 103 millinimum MVT. Ran great for the Sunday ride at the second R.I.P. Rally in Nashville last year and then good for another 2 weeks. Now it will not idle at all and will only run at WOT after a push start. As soon as I let off the throttle it dies. I think the advance circuit has burnt up in the box.

Come on people.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

MVT Digital on a Peug. no problemos ...yet haha.

i have a MVT Digital waiting to go on a puch, i can report on that when it warms up.

I've got a MVT Premium for a 103 that i haven't been able to get running.

Ok, so I finally got a reply from the company and this is what it said:

Yes you are right , the timing of the ignition DD is jumping from 2000 for 20 ° to 40 ° at 3000

it's true , a DD is a racing ignition and a racing 2 strokes is not used at 2000 rpm .

if you whant use it at very low rpm of 2000 the best it's to order a analogic version premium with a diagram rj 51 x

the timing will accept your request.

have a nice year 2012

So I guess the Digital direct model is supposed to have a 20 deg. timing jump between 2k and 3k rpms. Meaning if you set your timing to run at 3k at 18 btdc then at normal idle rpm it's jumps to 2 atdc, killing the motor. Or you set it at idle at 18 btdc and then as soon as you go it jumps to 38 btdc and puts hole in your piston. Making this cdi a clutch pulley only cdi. I really wish they would say things like that in the instructions. A wooden box is nice but rather have a photocopied set of instructions with information on it.

Mine was running awesome at .3 BTDC which I was told equals 1.8 BTDC because it is auto set to 1.5 at TDC. So if you were to set it at 0 it would automatically be at 1.5

I know that sounds fucked up but 57mph gps'd doesn't lie !!!

So after the advance circuit burnt up I began to adjust the timing again as normal with no luck still. I am now almost sure that if I set it to .4 ATDC that it will be running at 1.5BTDC again.

$200 is a lot for a CDI that has no replacement box for sale if you have issues.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

I'll have to check where mine is set, yeah the wood box was hilarious- anyone know if MVT produces the Artek one as well? they seemed almost the same, i dont think pat finished that yet..

If the explanation they gave jesse was true, wouldn't everyone's be shit right out of the box? seems like the general conciseness is failure after a week or so. I don't even own one, just an observation.

Or is that just with the Digital Direct?

That's all that was in the email. I'll ask some more questions and get back to you in a month about it.

- Summerai - Retired Chromag /

these crazy, light, expensive ignitions are for the track. not for miles upon miles of blasting wot. you guys are simply blowing them up. i had one but swapped it for this...

summer cant come fast enough!

^whats that ? Also how is a couple of weeks miles upon miles ? Short runs of maybe 10miles or 12-15mins of riding for 2weeks and it went to shit.

Thats the hpi mini

I think I'm being mocked by the guy replying to me at MVT. Kind of a bummer really. But for a $300 cdi I should be able to ride it for quite a while with no trouble at all. It's mini rotors for everything from now on, I don't care how much I to fab.

I bought an MVT for my Grand prix. The taper was off center so it wobbled really bad. I ended up lathing it true and making a custom taper shim. No it is working fine, havent had any other issues.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Me be the box is for shipping it back and forth for servicing?

I think it's just a coffin to put it in when it dies.

Jesse do you have the part # and contact info for MVT, can you post it or PM it to me.

I have a plan to get this resolved.

Have a nice day & ride safe.

Well the universal cdi box just may be the answer. It plugs right in to the mvt and sparks decent but not as good as the mvt box does.

Timing now set at 1.5mm btdc and running like SHIT so still not fixed, but at least its running (kinda).

Will Williams /

I have an MVT CDI that will hit high revs but cuts out at low rpm.

I haven't been able to get the bike to idle.

I started with a PHB carb and tried an SHA thinking it was a carb issue.

I really thought this would be the best thing for one of my Peugeot 103 projects. It's turned into many hours of wasted time :(

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account