wtf.

Re: Treats piston port VS MK reed kit, A Review

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Looks like you robbed the plumbing from under

your kitchen sink. I like it :)

Not quite. Its a bills kx65 pipe.

i've been running an athena with a the treats reed piston without any issues. there is still the tiniest deck issue, but its heavily reduced. The ring gaps haven't given me any issues yet.

Do always check your ring gaps. I had a few factory set ring gaps break off and cause major piston wreckage.

I set the ring gap myself, I was more or less referring to the ring gap position.

Adam Riggsby Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I set the ring gap myself, I was more or less

> referring to the ring gap position.

Gotcha Adam. :>) Didn't want someone else to misinterpret (thinking they didn't have to gap the rings).

Trevor Yee's new un-bridged reed kit za combo hit 54 on 18x40 and wasn't even full throttle. With 20x40 it should do 60... With a boss.

that's wild, like 11k right? Isn't that when the internals start to go wacky on those ZAs? I'd like to see the port map of that kit to see how close to the regular AJH it is.

i got my AJH up to 51 (10.5k@17x45 with no over rev), but it pulls up hills big hills to that speed.

Now I've got the real athena ajh kit, the mk kit (bridged exhaust), and the DMP unbridged kit all within my group of friends... Port map time for the other two?

please do. I'd be interested in seeing how close the AJH is to the DMP. for the price the DMP look promising, seeing how an AJH is like 185 for just the cylinder and piston. I'd say the 1977 cylinder only for 125 and a treats piston for 35 bucks is still the best deal for anyone with an intake and reeds already though.

i'm pretty sure that with the treats reed piston in an AJH, exhaust timing is 185 degrees or so. i got countersunk heads made that set the squish at 1.1mm with a .4mm headgasket installed.

Kaj Niegmann /

So, I have 700 miles on the reed kit. Noticing a few things: runs fine stock without shimming or spacing anything, probably not its full potential though. and the bad part, I can actually move the piston around in the cylinder, up and down and side to side. Still runs fine, but has a nasty metal on metal ting ting sound

Theres a real athena on my bike at the moment and the MK cylinder was just sitting there AND I was bored. Here's what's happening to the bridged port kit today:

yessssssss! do it!!!!!!!

Salsa Salsa /

that looks like a hairy sac, OMG this port map is sooo funny! look at that coffee bean looking thing. . . and those things with shafts and heads. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahaha

ohh fuck yea jake. i can't wait to see how this turns out.

I have no idea how my athena was still running...

Back to the stock metal reeds.

Holy crap, when it hits pipe it's a rocket ship! Need to gps/video tomorrow.

yea man, your exhaust port is MEGA wide now. it'll actually make use of all that pipe belly! got any pics of post-porting?

campeona del mundo /

Jake P Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Holy crap, when it hits pipe it's a rocket ship!

> Need to gps/video tomorrow.

dirtbike pipes will do that!

Was in such a hurry to get it on the bike, forgot to grab pics of the product.

Will, I was actually hoping the kx65 pipe would give me awesome bottom end, but it's a mid-high killer. Probably also because I shortened it some.

Here's pics post porting. Chips on the bridge were there from day 1. It's going on a friends ZA this week...

From head:

From crankshaft:

This thread is nuts.....

i'm probably gonna pick up another one of these cylinders to port the fuck out of. but thats after i see what i can do a homeot 6p instead of the estoril i've been rockin.

Jake... I'll be tinkering with the bike sometime later today and reporting back as i tune. This cylinder will be getting a new treats piston-port piston and ring. The pipe I will be mating to this is a chrome treats pipe and utilizing a 19mm PHBG race. Dual stage Boyesen reeds are also installed in my reedblock.

What ignition?

Points.

The kit ended up seizing/grenading on trevors bike. I never saw the damage in person.

Anyways, now I'm running a real athena/AJH but I've been missing this kit. Surprisingly, it's still on ebay for $158 shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/250636487969?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account