minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

has anyone had experience with this kit?

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=minarelli-top-RV3-kit&CartID=1

i was thinking about getting it and tossing gila reeds and intake on it, anybody tried this?

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

What are you planning on putting it on? Do you have the Aprilia bike that those engines came on?

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

nah, unfortunately not, its going to an e50 with an aluminum riser welded on, and studs rearranged, and a pueg103 waterpump flywheel pulley system.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

There are better looking Rv3/4 cylinders IMO... like the Polini one.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

well maybe ill look into it!

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Athena makes one too

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

The aluminum polini makes something like 10.5hp with an SHA according to their catalog.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Resurrecting out of curiosity. I have put one on an e50 but the pipe choice has got me hittn low 40s...

Top racing rv3-4 47mm lc kit

19 phbg

Trickmetric newest clutch(heavy springs,0w20 oil)

17-40 gearing

Hpi mini set around 1.8

Leo vince peugeot speed pipe. (Started w super short like 3in. Header then went to about 6in. Longer header helped a little.)

Screenshot_2019-05-04-21-04-11.png

Take offs sluggish till 25 then pulls to like 42. Not sure the pipe choice is best for this kit. I know the dutch dudes were throwin these on years ago. Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

> Cory (SPICYBOY) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Resurrecting out of curiosity. I have put one on an e50 but the pipe

> choice has got me hittn low 40s...

>

> Top racing rv3-4 47mm lc kit

>

> 19 phbg

>

> Trickmetric newest clutch(heavy springs,0w20 oil)

>

> 17-40 gearing

>

> Hpi mini set around 1.8

>

> Leo vince peugeot speed pipe. (Started w super short like 3in. Header

> then went to about 6in. Longer header helped a little.)

>

> Take offs sluggish till 25 then pulls to like 42. Not sure the pipe

> choice is best for this kit. I know the dutch dudes were throwin these

> on years ago. Any suggestions appreciated.

Goddamn that's abysmal speed; I hit 38 on my e50 with stock cylinder, 14 bing, k-star clutch and sidebleed Estoril.

Are you sure there's not an air leak anywhere?

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Those style leo pipes just dont hit right. Good for stock av10 or mild setup cut/weld swaps. I've used a bunch and that's been my experience at least. They're damn cool looking though.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Thats what i thought too blake. Diff angled convergent cones, figured id see what it could do. And yes no air leaks, i leak down test everything before i put motors back on. I need to get port map done to see what that cylinder prefers best. Was hoping someones been here before. Just being lazy

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

1.8 is super retarded for an hpi. They recommend 2-4mm. You re liquid cooled so I would say 2.5-3 is where you want it to live.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

My bad. Its a tomos cdi w 2 wire parmakit box set about 2.3 I must have been looking at another bike as I typed that. Sorry too many projects.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

What is your squish set at? What is your gearing? Do you have a video of it running?

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

yah that is weird! i wonder if the reeds are getting blocked or something crazy like that? is it a restricted tomos a35 box? the late ones had a rev limit at like 9k ish, some even cut out at 8k

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Again... 17x40 gearing, parmakit 2 wire box, ill check squish tonight but im pretty sure it wasnt that bad or i wouldnt have put it on the bike. And heres a video that is of no help other then showing you it runs.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

After talking with the boys at dos im convinced the pipe isnt helping, rgd pipe incomingg!!!! However i just checked the squish and its at 1.97 so that could use some attention also.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

That's not bad if just a little wide. It's not the main cause of your problems.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Have you tried gearing it any higher ? What should that type of kit rev out too 10k,11k?

I’ve had a cdi that I fried not want to rev out to more than 6.5k rpm

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Itll rev as high as your clutch can spin. Thats the problem though, a shifter cylinder on a single speed e50. Gotta find the sweet spot and pipe to hit right. I didnt try any other gearing yet cause it was not even able to touch the ones on there. Almost no power from the pipe and very slow acceleration up to 42. Very very slight blip of a failed powerband about 25-30. Jetting was dialed in . i got the spacer shaved down .50mm to set the squish closer to 1. Pipe should be here in a day or so. I'll report back.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

> Cory (SPICYBOY) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Itll rev as high as your clutch can spin. Thats the problem though, a

> shifter cylinder on a single speed e50. Gotta find the sweet spot and

> pipe to hit right. I didnt try any other gearing yet cause it was not

> even able to touch the ones on there. Almost no power from the pipe and

> very slow acceleration up to 42. Very very slight blip of a failed

> powerband about 25-30. Jetting was dialed in . i got the spacer shaved

> down .50mm to set the squish closer to 1. Pipe should be here in a day

> or so. I'll report back.

The clutch will fully engage before you reach maximum rpm, have you measured head temps or exhaust gas temps to see where you are at with those ?

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

Cory (SPICYBOY) /

Thats correct adam..... Head temps measured 300'f max. Ill just report back maybe a whole new post once pipe comes in detailing the build. Thanks.

Re: minarelli RV3/4 TOP performance 47mm H2O kit

> Cory (SPICYBOY) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thats correct adam..... Head temps measured 300'f max. Ill just report

> back maybe a whole new post once pipe comes in detailing the build.

> Thanks.

Please do! You’ve developed a great bike. It should just be more capable really? It seems strange it’s limited you on performance. I’m hoping to liquid cool my AC maxi just for heat issues more than more speed.

It does sound like you could either advance your timing or alter you jetting as hats running really cool at the moment !

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account