FS: very fast ported 44mm alukit

campeona del mundo /

hey, so im selling my ripper 44mm tomos alukit.

first off, its a super old casting dmp cylinder which was really nicely finished outta the box. i spent about 6 hours porting this kit over the course of a few days before the LA rally last fall. this kit is fucking fast. the only bikes at the rally that were faster were brekke's super gila, christophes bidalot peugeot and terry dean's ciao ciao. i hit 60 on an e50 with a single petal doppler reed block with 21 phbg, ghetto ass treats pipe, hpi internal rotor and airsal a55 head. then i slapped a malossi 4 petal on and it gained a couple mph on top with massive torque. ask anyone in the bay area that rode with me on my tan newport...its super duper happy at 7500 - 11,000rpm. tune yer cltuch yo!

porting wise, i never mapped it but if i remember correctly, i raised exhaust port 1.5mm, widened 2mm on either side. intake is widened 2.5mm on either side, bridge removed (duh) and smoothed. i was running out of time before the rally so the intake isn't the cleanest looking and could be perfected in another hr of porting. all ports were chamfered with a diamond grinding bit then hit with some high grit wet dry to finish it off. the transfers are pretty much untouched with the exception of the cleaning up of some of the casting blobs n such.

comes with a derbi flatreed 44mm piston (same dome to pin height) which has a far superior dome shape than the alukit-treats kit piston. comes with one ring, wrist pin and no wrist pin clips! about 2-300 miles on the cyl, less than 100 on the derbi piston.

i don't really know what this is worth but i can promise you it will probably blow the doors off any other 44-45 alukit/airsal kit. 100 shipped sound good?

* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: FS: very fast ported 44mm alukit

campeona del mundo /

actually, these are 95 new so 90 shipped will do.

Ahem... and someone's cobra was faster too on topend but then again maybe I'm remembering it wrong haha. But ya this kits silly fast and super duper solid! I'd get it but I'm already running a few of em ;)

campeona del mundo /

duh the cobra is blessed

good deal

sell it in performance tuning.

Dammit I want this for my kick start tx50 superminimotard project...damn piston.

campeona del mundo /

someone grab this bad boy! er offer me something cool to trade for it?!?(edited)

campeona del mundo /

bump! offers?(edited)

$100 for a 60 mph moped kit... don't see that everyday.

howthefuckisthisnotsold bump

campeona del mundo /

Graham Motzing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> $100 for a 60 mph moped kit... don't see that

> everyday.

>

> howthefuckisthisnotsold bump

right!?!?!? more importantly, when your at a rally people look at you with the utmost confusion after you blast em! plus i talked myself down to 90 bucks.

oh yeah it comes with long brass exhaust nuts and washers!

OH YEAH! i'll throw in a malossi 4 petal with no intake (just reed and block) for an extra 20 bones. thats like 110 shipped. wowza

DAMN!!!!!! i forgot to add that there are stud spacer/reducers installed in this cylinder. like the ones that that briton bees dude used to sell to center the cylinder and keep it from moving around. super rad.(edited)

wow, bump for will! really superduper deal here. i never thought of using the derbi piston! sweet!

Damn I want this for my puch, if you still have this next week I'll buy it, because after another week I won't be able to stand this still being for sale. Dammit.

campeona del mundo /

its all yours dude!!! yeah the derbi piston is great! you could use an a55 pp piston and cut a window too ;)

I want this to put on a derbi motor/

campeona del mundo /

oh man, jack did that! ultimate everyday ripper setup.

pmed

campeona del mundo /

sold

holy shit this is another awesome cylinder. i just moved this because there are a couple threads about how to go 60 on a puch, this shit should be in the wiki.

I bought this. then never did anything with it and gave it to Nick swoop who has destroyed many an a35 clutch with this.

My first 60mph moped had this kit a mallosi 4 petal, 21 phbg and modded boss, that was in 2007. That same bike just popped up on CL and the guys says "it still goes way over 50mph".

campeona del mundo /

man i was wondering if anyone ended up ripping this. glad to hear it still does its thing!(edited)

These pestilent bits should be buried in a church yard to stop the spread of infection.

Satans baby teeth is all.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account