Intake manifold

Larry Charrlin /

1980 Tomos Silver Bullet....just purchased Airsal 70cc kit for A3 engine. 15mm intake only fits to right side where there is NO clrearance....is there an intake that fits the Airsal port but goes to the left side??

Or does the Tomos LX 50 intake fit the Airsal port?

Pic http://www.ebay.com/itm/400579226685?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Re: Intake manifold

no left side intake unless you make one

the stock one that comes out the right side will fit, but you have to loose the side cover..if you have one.....or you can use a stock short straight intake that fits under the tank & keep your side covers....

that lx50 intake is too much $$, post up in the buy/sell for a cheaper one

Larry Charrlin /

Thanks...guess I should have been clearer, also using a 15.5 Dellorto and there is NO room on the Silver bullet to fit under the tank. Forget the side cover...that's a lost cause. So far have cut the intake in half and lengthened it a bit....with rubber connector for flexibility....now fits up against the engine case with about 2mm of clearance for the pedals.... have to wait and see how that works out. .....removed two fins on cylinder to clear the petcock...fuel line with filter is about 3 inches long !!!. I know this Airsal kit wasn't made for the Bullet...but damn...it sure would have been nice if the intake had just been made to be reversible to use on either side...A3 engine is offset to the left on Bullet so there plenty of clearance on left side

haha

woah! that intake should cost like $10.

Larry Charrlin /

Cost isn't the question....does that intake fit on the Airsal 70cc kit and does it come out on the left side.....that was the question??

uh, its upside down in the picture. is that the question?

do you currently have that intake or are you tring to use the short 'straight shot' intake? that one should fit, motor mounts, frame and engine are almost identical between a3/35

Yeah , the one in the pic is backwards......& it only bolts on one way....out to the right

Larry Charrlin /

Not sure what the short "straight" intake is, unless that's the stock one for the Silver Bullet. But the new Airsal cylinder uses this manifold....pic attached. What I've done so far......cut the manifold in half, added a short rubber coupling to extend it and make it a little flexible, broke two fins off the cylinder so the petcock would fit. So now the 15.5 Dellorto fits with the float bowl resting on the engine case, the petcock nestled up against the cylinder, the stock air filter is butt up against the side cover mount and the pedals clear the carb with about 2mm of clearance. AND the distance from the petcock to the fuel inlet of the carb ( which is up against the frame) is about three inches and the inlet is approx 1/4 inch below the petcock so I hope fuel actually will flow.

Should have this running (ha ha) Friday.....but I also said that three weeks ago.

tomos-A35-15MM-stock-intake-3.jpg

The 15 15 is exactly the same dimensionally as the 14 12 that comes stock. It will definitely for in there with the stock shorty intake.

Overpriced Parts /

A Dellorto 14.12 carb didn't come stock on a 1980 bullet

the 14:12P is the special tomos carb and it has several mods to the actual casting to make it smaller to fit in there. the float bowl is different, can't remember all the things.

i don't see why this doesn't fit, the frames and cases should all be the same, but who knows.

I just used the right side mounting intake with a VM18 and a pedal extender from Treats

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account