Speed Run 3 74/74 club 77.6 mph

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

It's been a long time coming it seems with the issues of my crank coming apart in Speed Run 2 but the time has now come.

Yesterday when I woke up I thought..... If I were to die today I would want to come back as me.... ya, lets go do this Speed Run 3 thing. I called up my support group, we loaded up, and headed to the country for some blasting.

The one thing to keep in mind watching this is that the trail tech is 2-3 mph slower then gps/actual speed, and the car is 2 or so mph fast. The bike is a Puch, E50, Gila, HPI, MLM, Mikuni, bad beast, geared to 19x35 that was running like a scalded dog.

Enjoy, I know I did. Thanks to the rider "Spike" who is about 60 lbs lees than me. Top speed was 77.6.... this bike can be held WOT on flat ground till it runs out of gas with head temps at 380 ish.

Note - Before the criticism of the video quality it was done quite nice but thanks to a error 50 from iMovie I couldn’t get it to load, so after 8 hours of trying to unfuck whatever is going on we just shot it on the TV and posted that. Maybe someday I'll figure out wtf is going on and post a higher quality video.

^will someone embed this, clearly I have no idea what I'm doing. (edited)

Re: Speed Run 3 74/74 club 77.6 mph

Fuck yes!

Nicely done Matt! Makes me miss living in Nebraska, look at all that top speed potential.

Overpriced Parts /

HELL YEAH

MBM Customs / Vampire tuning FTW

Custom pipe or a off the shelf one? What kind of porting has been done to the Gila?

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

You had a pinch of down hill your top speed was just before you crossed the river at the bridge.

74 yes 77.6 i don't think so.

You need a two way run on flat rood to prove 77mph

Good job.

Tommy "buttcheeks" BUZZARD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Custom pipe or a off the shelf one? What kind of

> porting has been done to the Gila?

Pipe is a stock MLM BK100

Porting isn't too crazy, just more exhaust timing and everything cleaned up real well. Now that I have a good baseline the more extreme porting will happen.... gotta brake 80.

Wayne.... Some mooring I'll go do it both ways. My pilot buddy was working that morning so I was pretty disappointed we didn't have ariel coverage... maybe next time.

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

Great work! Gotta love a good speed run, I'll be back in town soon to beat spikes run on this beast....

Down slopes aint much different then the ones I got here in my part of Florida. GOOD JOB! 11,000 RPM and not breaking apart is INCREDIBLE!. Great build and Tuning! My Hobbit eats piston rings at anything over 9K lol

Thanks for being one of the rare one's in this community to push the envelope.

It's on

Oooo

Meer

Geeerd

I <3 you

That's a good run. I imagine you could pick up a few mph if you work on the aerodynamics too.

i want to come next time

Dude, awesome. Just awesome. It seems to have decent take off as well...what clutch? What's the timing set at? How much does the rider weigh?

You're really tempting me to up gear!!!! Virtually the same setup as you except V1 bottom end, no exhaust porting, sidebleed BK, and PHBG. Gearing, clutch, 24 OKO or TM, some exhaust messaging and BAM! Hopefully it'll get my fat 185lb ass to 65. Good work man.

Derek Vanasse Wrote:

> Dude, awesome. Just awesome. It seems to have

> decent take off as well...what clutch? What's the

> timing set at? How much does the rider weigh?

Clutch is a KTM... In the HD video it looks like he blows the tire off it from the start and a little poof of smoke comes out, lol

Timing is set at 2.1.... I'd like to play with that

Rider weighs 160... I've gone over 70 on it, I might just leave thi gearing and try myself, I never rode it like this

Nice!! Makes me want to ride it to see how fast it will go with someone who weighs 140lbs.. Haha

Holy shit balls batman!!! Well that's. a fuckin awesome way to start my day! Dudes...congrats on that beast. And @Spike...balls for going 76 on a moped in shorts and sneakers :D Now get that fucker over 80!

What was your average from the other direction?

Very impressive!

Wizards Josiah McCoy Wrote:

> Holy shit balls batman!!! Well that's. a fuckin

> awesome way to start my day! Dudes...congrats on

> that beast. And @Spike...balls for going 76 on a

> moped in shorts and sneakers :D Now get that

> fucker over 80!

And even more amazing than that this freaking thing still has stock forks on it!

Talk about sketchy at high speed!

So I'll ask...

Is this the fastest moped on moped army???

Brent Bublitz /

That must be terrifying. I want it.

It could be. How fast was black betty?

fastest i've seen proven!

nice work guys!

Crazy Wayve has a video that's.............. Oh wait I've never seen a video of his

I've got to recheck what my gila is geared at. Because that's amazing at 11k rpm. I could never get the huevos to go that fast. I hit 10,200 the other day but it was about 56 mph.

◕ ‿ ◕ Wrote:

> What was your average from the other direction?

We didn't run the other way. I didn't realize I would get so much criticism for it, never have in the past. When we go out next week we will do some more testing and run both ways. I want to get behind my car and draft to 80, lol. And we'll say hello to mr fairing again to see if it make a difference.

Who's black Betty? Never heard of that.

I think jj's derbi/batavus may be the fastest

Yea, I think JJ's Gran Prix is the fastest bike around. Clocked it at upper 80's one day at the track before and he's confident that it'll break 100 if given enough room. But rad job on the bike, still super impressive.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account