I call bullshit on upper 80s. Videos or it didn't happen

Re: Speed Run 3 74/74 club 77.6 mph

Overpriced Parts /

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ◕ ‿ ◕ Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What was your average from the other direction?

>

>

> We didn't run the other way. I didn't realize I

> would get so much criticism for it, never have in

> the past. When we go out next week we will do some

> more testing and run both ways. I want to get

> behind my car and draft to 80, lol. And we'll say

> hello to mr fairing again to see if it make a

> difference.

>

>

> Who's black Betty? Never heard of that.

Let's talk about the moped overtaking the van at highway speed. I watched that from both camera views and fell out of my seat twice! Come on, that was spectacular.

pretty impressive. be safe.

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs Wrote:

>

> Who's black Betty? Never heard of that.

^

This is.

The actual blog for BlackBetty has piles of info too. http://thevx4.wordpress.com/

Kinda comparing two vastly different machines... BB is hands down, one of my favorite builds of all time, but don't think it's really relevant to this thread. Seen the vids, read the blog, seemed tuned for maximum acceleration while trying to maintain a constant rpm. For the purpose it was built, track racing, not long WOT straight blasts for max speed.

I've only seen some video of JJ's bike, but I must say. That thing looks mind blowing fast. I'd love to see what it could do on a run like this.

yeah JJ's bike is pretty hard into the motorcycle/scooter territory. its a mhr kit on a revo motor, isn't it?

i guess the point of fastest moped is kinda like, moped engine, moped kit, moped parts... something that is instantly recognized as a 'moped' kinda a subtle distinction but in my book the grand prix/revo, stuff like jcams derbi/scoot hybrid, etc. are too far into scooter territory. tony simoni's hobbit/vespa/derbi hybrid... mostly moped parts so i think its in the spirit

^^While I totally agree with that. It always seems to be a matter of opinion on what classifies. I personally try to stay away from the scooter specific parts on my bikes, but some of those kits sure look like fun to adapt and blast!

Todd rod Wrote:

> I call bullshit on upper 80s. Videos or it didn't

> happen

I don't call bullshit on upper 80's. Bobby Costello's polini speed fight kitted camino did a gpsed 77mph like 3 years ago. With a more efficient transmission I can see +10mph

Yea, JJ's bike is pretty much a scooter motor on a Gran Prix. Either way, I'm hoping you can break 80.

Love it!

Congratulations!!......... Very Impressive!!!

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

Both of those bikes are variated right? I consider that it's own class.

I think as far as single speed stuff goes that's pretty damn fast. I haven't seen any single speed stuff that's any faster. It's probably faster then most variated stuff too but I'm sure some of that is faster.... but then again it would be.

I'm going to throw a 20 on the front... or some NOS... or both... or neither... and go again.

All of the other bikes being brought up are dual variated and in one particular case (BlackBetty) 4x variated. For single speed, indeed, as said before your bike is very impressive.

This bike is a solid test bed for all out horsepower. Testing different pipes would be fun. A measure of 0-50 mph times on the same runs would be interesting too. So many things to try

I'm going to try the putt putt and see what happens.... maybe the st ripper. I had them both on before and they didn't seem to run well. The bike has 34* of blowdown and neither seem to hit hard enough to let it make power. A circuit pipe would be interesting, I bet that might work.

thats an awful lot of blowdown dude.

Do you have dyno access? I would love to see some graphs and effects of differnt tunning.

The wind resistance is the dyno in this case

Maize BLK Wrote:

> Do you have dyno access? I would love to see some

> graphs and effects of differnt tunning.

10hp minimum unfortunately

You are making more than 10hp

Maize BLK Wrote:

> You are making more than 10hp

Yup.

I thought it would be nice to see the whole hp/torque curves and not just above 10hp, I doubt I make 10hp down low. I don't really know what to guess it at, I know in the pipe it will go up whatever and not loose too much rpm, it will drop a little then stabilize. I might look into that some more.

The thing that impressed me that you held it at WOT for that long at the rpm and speed. Looked like you could of WOT all the way to the moon. I got to give credit where credit is due. Video proveneven though its a one way. Good job guys.

Bump because matts bike is faster than yours.

Todd rod Wrote:

> Bump because matts bike is faster than yours.

I call bullshit he didnt go both ways

Overpriced Parts /

Nova Zach Wrote:

> Todd rod Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Bump because matts bike is faster than yours.

>

>

> I call bullshit he didnt go both ways

Going both ways doubles your chance of getting a date on a saturday night.

That was all cgi, that moped doesn't exist, spike is made up, john is made up, even I'm just a computer. Even moped army is just a imaginary thing I made to post foolery.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

goddamn burners...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account