FS: tastefully ported 45mm kstar

campeona del mundo /

super proud of this kit. its a treats v1.5 (the good one with new style fins) with the exhaust widened like 2.5mm on either side and raised 2mm. intake timing is untouched, but widened like 2.5mm on either side. transfer splits are bladed for better flow. exhaust port is polished boost ports on piston are tccd'd. really really fun with short gearing; bum people out by having a super fast kstar! i don't really know how much to sell this for but shoot me an offer. i spent approximately 8hrs on the work but in the end its still just a kstar.

* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: FS: tastefully ported 45mm kstar

8 hours? did you use f*cking 600 grit sand paper? ;)

I was blasting a dude with a polini across the golden gate on a kstar ported almost exactly the same.

pm'd

campeona del mundo /

hahaha naw i just went crazy trying to get the exhaust port suuuper symmetric. i like wasting my life away with the dremel

haha the photos! great work though!

Hey I inboxes you.. Still for sale?

this is exactly how I ported my DMP minus blading the transfers. With that same intake, a 19phbg, proma circuit, 18x42 I was jamming 53 and getting there quick. someone should buy this.(edited)

campeona del mundo /

yup. i had this guy doing 55+ all day with a 17.5mm polini cp carb, treats pipe and 16x40 gearing. lightened main gear, bell, starter plate, and 2 shoe for really awesome takeoff!

kit is sold, sorry dudes

campeona del mundo /

ok i saved this to put on a project that fell through. back up for sale. light rounding of the back of the piston on the intake side. new wrist pin, ring and clips as of 5 miles ago. comes with an extra regular piston as well. $100 shipped

pm'd

campeona del mundo /

sold to mike boy and matt cranberry to be used on the pinball run

we're gonna have so many kstars to explode!

someone should add this to the wiki, shit i'm gonna move it to performance forum... its so good.

I just saw it pop up on the buy/sell and tried to click on it, but the link was broken (doesn't lead to this thread) BUT I'm glad I came across it in this forum. Good pictures and funny history.

I did indeed break it on pinball run

campeona del mundo /

that was a good kit. the only thing i would suggest is to cut the intake side of the bottom of the piston 1 mm or so to slightly raise intake timing. otherwise this is still a solid port map for making ur kstar bum people out

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account