Highest rpm

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

What's the highest rpm anyone has rev'd their moped to?

I'll start 14,300

Re: Highest rpm

E50, Simonini on a ported metra 80 got me to 14.5k downhill, flats it'll rev till about 13k. With my dumb hill cruaher gearing that's only 53... But it's go go go the whole time.

16k rpm - MetraPro Race on an e50 + 28 dellorto + simo with 30mm header.

65mph on 15x48

fuuuu thats high! i hit 13,800 e50 polini

I'm amazed these things hold together at those rpm's!

Megasaurass wRexckses /

i bet i revved 20,000+ when my var,clutch, and crank flew off in the middle of a wide open ride.!! ;)

Jesus, I am ashamed. I saw a tad over 10k when my rear pulley stuck once, that counts right? Mostly 9500 or less.

Overpriced Parts /

This stock set up/bike hit 8,500 rpm, 40mph repeatedly on the flat (9,000 rpm, 43 mph downhill) with stock carb, stock intake, stock unported cylinder, stock gearing and unmodded cigar pipe.

12k with an e50 Athena ajh and a 6p, unported and 12k with an av10 polini w port and gianelli black gun, unported.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i wish i had documented the nitro methanol powered 64cc batavus prototype dang close to 19,000 before it melted the piston with an amazing bangbang bang thud thuddd. graphite i got to remember graphite next time. sachs bing 54 carb on a hogged out reedblock from a kawaski or something i found in the motocyle junkyard i think i had ring flutter that ended its life or the reeds it was really fast it only took three minutes of run time and the death was rather sudden and abrpt.

Unported flatreed metra 44.5mm is good for 11.5k with a gianelli high boy. Could probably squeeze 12 or 12.5 with some piston porting and a bigger header/shorter tuned length. The motoplat tach is super easy to wire in and works perf.

Everything else I've had has been low rpm, wide powerband with tallish gearing.

Just finished fairly extensive port work on a metra 47mm and I'm working on hacking a weirdo scooty pipe. I'd like to see 13k and 65ish mph when I'm done with that, I'd be happy with 60 and 12k though.(edited)

19,000 on a bat? Pics please!

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

I like those old Kreidler videos of 16k engines, 19k had to sound pretty sweet. Heck, even my 14,300 sounded awesome when your used to sub 10k.

Like an opera singer. Except your shattering ear drums instead of glasses.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

it actually developed a tuba-like low tone from the pipe hit, it was on a test bench w/ little load like 30 lbs of drag/ ktm 125 estriol pipe. i was not in camera mode i was too busy, i do not think i want to ruin another m48 to get some pics. i still have the carb pipe and overbore cylinder mark II. i am working on a replacement bat reed set up i will post up next ,onth if i find it fits.

you wanna ruin a good motor let me know i will lend out the carb for ped destructions, it has 2 NO2 ports one in the uptake and one in the float chamber. incase the nitromethanol don't cut it alone.

you could drop 3 old style namphalyne mothballs in your gas and hit 17k for a wee bit till you stop the motor then it seizes solid.

11470 on a malossi h2o 103. I got scared and backed off hahaa.

I would top out at 12350 ok my racing treats reed kit on my maxi.

Johnnie Distefano /

Old thread, but I'd like to see what people are hitting now. 12.5k rpm on a malossi g2 h20, with crazy mid to high mid pull

Mikey Antonakakis /

In theory, 50cc motors can rev to the moon! Mean piston speed is, relative to larger motors (like 125 singles), quite low due to our short strokes. I have had zero issues revving over 13k on my Peugeot (at least none due to the revs directly). My new bike will supposedly go to 14k with the "stock" motor, and might make good power at like 17k with a little exhaust porting and a different pipe. It's a single-speed, though, so probably won't be doing that!

Of course bearings vs bushings makes a big impact, here. And blowdown and transfer timing is a limiting factor for making power up there. Most moped kits don't have the ports for those kinds of revs, regardless of timings and pipes. But somewhere in the neighborhood of 16k-17k is where the real potential of 50cc singles lives, I think (mostly limited by ports, not mechanical limits, I think).

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Lol, I think Trailtech needs to supply better instructions on setting the PPR on their tachs.

Mikey Antonakakis /

> Mikey Antonakakis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> And blowdown

> and transfer timing is a limiting factor for making power up there.

More accurately, blowdown and transfer time-area (and port shape to support those time-areas)

i have seen my trail tech up 19k+ on my Peugeot 50cc

pretty fun getting it up there on the cylinder im using (texnix or whatever its called)

but i constantly blow up vario and clutch pieces achieving it

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Zach Riddle Wrote:

> i have seen my trail tech up 19k+ on my Peugeot 50cc

Sure

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > Zach Riddle Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > i have seen my trail tech up 19k+ on my Peugeot 50cc

>

> Sure

It’s set on 4 stroke mode

that would make since. regardless of its accuracy i only use it to tune my vario so even if it reads out wrong rpms i still have a ref. point for when i shift.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Zach Riddle Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > i have seen my trail tech up 19k+ on my Peugeot 50cc

>

> >

>

> > Sure

>

> It’s set on 4 stroke mode

so what pulse setting does it need to be on? 2.0?

Depending on ignition, some have 2 pulses, one at the top and one at the bottom. It’s known as a wasted spark, doesn’t do any harm, but will throw off a tach unless you set it at 2ppr.

Im running le partie cdi with the box that comes with it

Yea those are 2 pulse. They trigger from +/- and there are 4 poles.

Alright ill report back on rpms. I had a feeling it wasnt reading right but i just wanted a ref point to when i started shifting.

I bet im around 10/11k wot

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account