Re: Jawa moped tuning

i am excited to see more info, i also made a better clutch for my tuned 207, it was a two shoe adjustable clutch,

has anyone looked at the motors you get for a bicycle on ebay the cylinders look the same ive got sum pics of the 70cc cylinder they have some sizes on

Bicycle-Motorized-font-b-Bike-b-font-Gas-font-b-Engine-b-font-80cc-47mm-font.jpg
Cylinder_for_Short_Intake_Manifold_2_Stroke_Bike_Engine_Kit_3__50729.1415835998.900.900.jpg
gt5srcdi412b.jpg

i doesnt seem to be bad because if the displacement is 70ccm and the bore is 47mm the stroke should be 40,5mm which is good because the jawa mopeds have 41mm stroke, it could work, but you should move the studs because if it has 64mm PCD and the studs are perfectly square they are located 45mm x 45mm. ,, you could use a cylinder from minarelli AC vertical scoot as well, i think that could have higher performance

neato.

I miss jawas. wanna see more

I heard a rumor that the "Lenin" 210 Sport was for sale not too long ago.

Jawa 210 moped cases pull start and shroud conversion for 80cc cylinder photos,

alright so first thing i have done was that i cut the shroud/pull start mount off of a czechslovakian grden machine cases,

That piece has the same dimensions as the original plastic ignition cover, so it lines up perfectly with the jawa 210 cases

after this i got it welded on, this modification allows you to use the shroud and the pull start from a czechslovakian garden machie

Born to be WillD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> neato.

>

> I miss jawas. wanna see more

THIS

Any idea how to modify a Jawa Mustang engine?

I've already installed VAPE - a CDI ignition.

That helped a lot!

Iridium spark plug - good!

Then a tuning 14 teeth-sprocket - not good, put back the original 11 teethed one.

What about those 60 cc kits? Will it bring some more power?

Or even 70cc kits, do they exist at all?

Born to be WillD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> neato.

>

> I miss jawas. wanna see more

Every year is the year of the Jawa. In our hearts.

Also, post '94 Honda SA50 have 41.4 mm strokes and long skirts. Could be promising for a Jawa cylinder swap if a fan was added. Only the wristpin issue would have to be addressed.

why 80cc pics gotta be dead.

I remember it being kindof a crazy load of work.

Anyone here use the Minstrel port maps with success? Any maps of the 2 speed cylinder vs 1 speed? Talk to me!

the cylinder is the same 99.9 percent of the time between the 1 speed and 2 speed.

I have a 207 with the slanty port and I checked it against the minstrel port map today.

The timing was nearly identical, maybe .5mm more duration on the exhaust and .5mm more on the intake. I opened up the width of the exhaust and intake on my cylinder years ago so I can give you much info in that department.

> Trevor Graham Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have a 207 with the slanty port and I checked it against the minstrel

> port map today.

>

> The timing was nearly identical, maybe .5mm more duration on the exhaust

> and .5mm more on the intake. I opened up the width of the exhaust and

> intake on my cylinder years ago so I can give you much info in that

> department.

Trevor, how big a bump in performance did you get opening the intake and exhaust? I have two of these. The 210 two speed is quite spunky with the drilled exhaust, free flow air filter and Jikov adapted to accept Dellorto jets. The 210 single speed is the same configuration with one tooth smaller front sprocket but the low end is bad. I need better hill climbing ability. Strangely the jetting is lower, 65 jet vs 72. I should give up and just do the pipe and SHA carb. I'm going to try mild porting next. My goal is 35ish while keeping it mostly stock.

> Trevor Graham Wrote:

> I have a 207 with the slanty port and I checked it against the minstrel

> port map today.

>

> The timing was nearly identical, maybe .5mm more duration on the exhaust

> and .5mm more on the intake. I opened up the width of the exhaust and

> intake on my cylinder years ago so I can give you much info in that

> department.

Slanty ports came in the 210 cylinders only I believe. They have a tapered fin shape. The 207 has many more fins and is a square shape. The sleeves are interchangeable though. I’ve done it before. Just a pain in the ass to do

> Frank Bailey Wrote:

> > Trevor Graham Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I have a 207 with the slanty port and I checked it against the

> minstrel

>

> > port map today.

>

> >

>

> > The timing was nearly identical, maybe .5mm more duration on the

> exhaust

>

> > and .5mm more on the intake. I opened up the width of the exhaust and

>

> > intake on my cylinder years ago so I can give you much info in that

>

> > department.

>

> Trevor, how big a bump in performance did you get opening the intake and

> exhaust? I have two of these. The 210 two speed is quite spunky with

> the drilled exhaust, free flow air filter and Jikov adapted to accept

> Dellorto jets. The 210 single speed is the same configuration with one

> tooth smaller front sprocket but the low end is bad. I need better

> hill climbing ability. Strangely the jetting is lower, 65 jet vs 72. I

> should give up and just do the pipe and SHA carb. I'm going to try mild

> porting next. My goal is 35ish while keeping it mostly stock.

I can't really tell you how much opening the ports with the stock carb will help because the carb was the first thing to go. I can tell you when I had just a 15.15 sha and a ground down puch intake I was going 35+ on my x30.

I know the 210 have the slanty ports as the rule, but my 207 has them for some reason also, maybe it was made right before the switch or something. here a pic from the first time I tore it apart.

Whoah. Wicked!

Bump

Its cool that this thread gets bumped every once in a while. I'm working on a 207 and had the cylinder drilled to the mistral specs. It needs a lot of other work done thou so hopefully I can post some updates in the next couple months.

MOAR JAWAS

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account