peugeot 103 polini bigport race cases vibration

I have never really documented any of my builds, but I noticed people had issues with Polini big port cases on a 103 that have insane vibrations that break the cases, pipes and parts, overflow carbs, I've seen and heard many over the years. (Disregard the broken crankshaft, but since I needed to rebuild, I dug up my old bushings to replace the current one) no more insane vibrations, that break pipes, overflowing carbs, or any weird stuff. Used them on all my Peugeots that have and had Polini big port race cases. let me know if you need any.

resizedbushinhgs.jpg

Re: peugeot 103 polini bigport race cases vibration

Marcus Pimentel /

what size bushings? ive had all of these problems, never suspected the cases to be the problem. ill swap mine out asap.

I run the race case on one build I have and have had cracked up Simoninni circuit pipe issues. I just figured it was the pipe killing itself.

So the bushings that come in the newer cases are a different composite than the older?

You say you salvaged some older bushing sets and installed them in a newer build and it helped the vibration?

i thought polini cases had rubber mounting for the engine.

Marcus Pimentel /

No the new ones have plastic bushings. I have cracked every pipe ive ever run. Carbs leak so much. Loose about a 1/4 tank. I used to snap stock mounts

on my malossi cases i have o.g. plastic bushings that work fine on whatever cylinder. while 70 kits are more low hrtz vibrations that you can feel tearing your bike apart, the 50cc brother of the same cylinder will be a lot less.

Marcus Pimentel /

On my race set up with polini 50 w port ot had more vibrations than the 70 version

I sold all these bushings. They were direct fit, and lessend vibrations signicantly. Spigot mount your carb and it will help. The big cases are intended for the spx rubber mounted frames.

70cc will break your pipes and rattle bolts off your frame, a 50 will burn your central nervous system out. Both vibrate a shit load, one is just worse on the engine the other is worse on the rider. Low frequency vs high frequency.

The 70cc makes for a good girls bike but sometimes they wish they got the 50.

Anyone ever figure what size these bushing are? Or if they can be sourced somewhere?

Marcus Pimentel /

Peugeot swingarm bushings, make sure you measure the offset of the plastic ones and press in the swingarm bushings into the cases, ensure you maintain that offset to keep belt aligned.

5B307588-2AA8-4818-A075-93D383ADD667.jpeg

That’s really cool

Tweaker trash /

I smell rtv

Interesting...

Been thinking about this on my tsm lately, it's a stock engine bracket but there is a little bit of slop in it I can't get rid of, driving me nuts.

Thank you Marcus!!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account