FA50 pipe recommendations

I've got an FA50 with the pipe cut, but I still have the header all the way up to where it levels off at the rear tire. I'd like to avoid laying down the bills for the mlm pipe, so does anyone know of a good expansion chamber deal that I could weld on there that's compatible with the motor? I know any pipe would technically work but I'm hoping I could get one on there that may actually increase performance.

Looking for something that might give gains across the board, I don't want to lose any low end, thanks!

Re: FA50 pipe recommendations

Gigantor is weld on but they also have those cheap lil shitter pipes for way less...and i thought they had MLM weld on chambers too....any expansion pipe will have gains over the stock pipe.

Will need jetting to accommodate.

Benjamin LaPlante /

Get that fa50 circuit pipe treats is selling.

$110

Benjamin LaPlante /

Fred Braue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what about this

> https://www.doscycles.com/collections/exhaust-pipe

> s/products/suzuki-fa50-dos-pipe

Awesome pipe if your running a kit. Unfortunately too much for a stock cylinder.

Ya, trying to avoid a circuit pipe for sound reasons... fa50 is dinky enough already

I'm really looking for something that's about the shape of the mlm exhaust, without making the mistake this guy did - it was half the size it should have been

I've been digging, but the only other suggestions that have been brought up are here . Outside of that, it looks like QT50 and NC50 expansion chambers look very similar to FA50, would it make sense that these nopeds are very similar, with consideration for things like port durations, peak rpm, header dimensions?

MLM sidebleed. Some good fa50 builds out there.. gearing seems to be the bummer

jayson sumpter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> gearing seems to be the bummer

Without a doubt. With the unchangable 16:1 gear ratio your at 8,000RPM's just to do 28mph.

Benjamin LaPlante /

Get a FZ50 engine. Same as fa50 but two speed. Mine does 40.

don't! I just had to deal with returning it because MLM messed up where they put the mounting tab.

I have a Simonini pipe I bought before the FA50 Simo pipe I have on there now. Its for a Puch but it has been modified to fit a Hobbit. I was going to use the chamber with part the stock pipe. I also have a MLM sidebleed that has about 20 miles on it. Let me know if you're interested. 916/425-4103

Screenshot_20190513-093221.png
Screenshot_20190513-093141.png

I only cut it open to see inside, could have just cut weld around tube, that little pipe slips into a baffle in back of muffler. full pipe dumps out after baffle, goes to tiny hole than back out that tube!!! if you remove it, its a glass packed chamber, lightly packed though, and you can tune the new pipe in or out to adjust back pressure and still keeping it sort of silenced...

> Erik Chicoine Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I only cut it open to see inside, could have just cut weld around tube,

> that little pipe slips into a baffle in back of muffler. full pipe dumps

> out after baffle, goes to tiny hole than back out that tube!!! if you

> remove it, its a glass packed chamber, lightly packed though, and you

> can tune the new pipe in or out to adjust back pressure and still

> keeping it sort of silenced...

But , is there any performance gain ?

Yes. it made it pull harder,

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account