Boyesen Reeds Pa50 - Install Question

Hi,

Recently purchased

https://www.treatland.tv/honda-hobbit-camino-boyesen-power-reed-p/boyesen-honda-reeds-stock.htm

For my stock pa50.

Question about installing them (apologies if this has been asked 100 times).

Do you just use the two stages and the metal bracket that it came with, or do you reattach the metal piece (in the attached picture)... the sloped part (don't know the right term).

also, is it a good idea to upjet if i use this and if yes, what is the recommended jet size i should go with.

honda pa50ii

Thanks.

reed.jpg

Re: Boyesen Reeds Pa50 - Install Question

Dirty30 Dillon /

I just tossed that little metal bar that came with them and used the stock reed stops.

Make sure you loctite the little screws in place.

wonderful thanks so much.

As for jetting you won't likely need a change, reeds don't specifically add horsepower. In some cases the jetting will even go down slightly due to more efficient delivery.

excellent, thank you so much.

I've run dual stage both ways. Boyeson instructions actually say not to use the stock reed stop and to use the metal bar. I honestly haven't noticed any difference between the two methods.

Either one mostly prevents you from cranking cracking the reeds around the screws and them falling off. Obviously the reed stop has the ability to prevent them from flexing too much but I didn't run it and they never broke.

great feedback, thanks everyone, so it appears that the answer is that it doesnt matter based on the feedback. Great to know. Ill try both and see if i notice a difference.

Thanks again.

Man I need to stop using my phone to post. I sound like I'm drunk.

How did it turn out? My reeds just arrived and I’m debating which metal plate to use. Thanks!

the boyesen the hood are always hard, come talkin that trash and we'll pull your carb.

Knowing nothing in life but to be legit, went blastin the ped and seized my kit.

don't quote me MA I ain't said shit

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account