Have a Tomos Arrow? Tell me about your setup!

Dustin Schings /

Tomos Arrow is a bit hard to find performance info on as it's an oddball. If you have one you've modified anything on, let me know what you did! Gearing, intake, pipe, anything!

Re: Have a Tomos Arrow? Tell me about your setup!

ha I think I answered this somewhere else too

it's basically just an a55 so all the tomos stuff applies. even the frame (except swingarm and forks) is basically the same so all the intakes etc all fit the same way.

biggest difference is gearing. the 120/70 12 tires on the arrow have a circumference of 148cm, a 16x2.75's on other tomos is 170cm. so gearing's off, get a smaller r sprocket to match that's ~87%

I had an arrow that I bought w top end seized. no seat. cheapest kit was a puch hero, and the big a55 transfers match the hero well. had to make a custom intake to fit the carb. all else stock. pipe had custom dangle puffer

went low-mid 40's but wheelie machine. needed a better pipe and taller gearing. and a front fender. still, fun as fuuuuck. arrow's kinda cool but it was way bigger and heavier than i'd imagined and once I actually had one, the magic kinda faded. I really wanted to adapt 10" wheels with fatty tires, I think it'd be fairly easily done and look gnarly.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

dude, sick danglepuffer

Dustin Schings /

>get a smaller r sprocket to match

I bought the only rear sprocket on Treats that says it will work for the Arrow, which was an 18t. That sprocket, with a BiTurbo and an upjet (airbox removed in favor of panty hose) made for a top speed of about 36MPH or so with NO bottom end at all.

I never tried the bike with the BiTurbo but with stock gearing. I wonder how much of that extra 6MPH I will take away if I swap the gear back to stock? Are there other sprockets that will work on the Arrow besides this one?:

https://www.treatland.tv/18T-rear-sprocket-for-the-tomos-ARROW-p/tomos-arrow-sprocket-18t.htm

What the heck is a danglepuffer?

there's a pic of the danglepuffer. that was a first generation. later versions had higher dangle to puff ratios

Alberto Einsteiner /

Are you sure he was seen in an alley behind the bar using it to give himself a two stroke smoke enema

i got a stock arrow, w mlm pipe and that small gear, f thing was on there tight, anyways does about 40.

bumping an old thread... i want to build a dirt ped with my 07 arrow. 380 oem miles, runs meh. not really a fan of a55's or all their electrical crap

i have an A52 kicker laying around that im not doing anything with. im thinking these tires

https://www.treatland.tv/vee-rubber-VRM-174-knobby-tire-12-x-3-00-p/vee-rubber-vrm174-12x3.00.htm

a slightly longer mono shock, and a kitted a52 should get me going. i have 2 sprint a35 tomos roller/parts bikes to steal wiring and all off of.

thoughts ?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Chris Szuba Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> thoughts ?

What are you waiting for? Sounds badass

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> > Chris Szuba Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > thoughts ?

>

> What are you waiting for? Sounds badass

haha right!? ive got too many things im tryign to finish right now lol

you goin up to wiskey dick 8 this weekend ?

yah gotta get that dangler puffer going

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> yah gotta get that dangler puffer going

haha as much as i'd love that, im thinking a scrambler type of set up to keep it up high. i do have an old MoFast pipe that i think would work pretty well too

Do it! Also, jealous...my only tomos experience was awesome...for the 45 minutes it lasted...got a streetmate a dude bought new from Seattle mopeds a year earlier...never kitted it, but fucked everything up in that year..

the lighting circuit was too complicated for him apparently....so it had a total loss battery in the trunk..stopped a mile away and hooked the green wire to the coil... great!! Made it to a 1/4 mile from Coleman dock when the newly "relined 2nd gear clutch" exploded.. stranding me on 2nd Ave....tore up the gears badly...

Couldn't figure out switches to he drilled holes and put arcade buttons on the side of the faux/tank/ trunk thingy....

I desperately want a tomos again..

I definitely offroaded the dicks off that arrow,danglepuffer even puffed along well underwater for some lil river crossings. I rode it down a river bed, like half a foot deep for a ways and that was a terrible idea but luckily survived.

my plan was always to put some like early zuma wheels on, like these kinda things:

I actually bought the wheels, got the fron rigged up, that was easy, I think it was a later zuma? disk brake wheel, but a 10" disk anyway, match axle size and disk diameter and it spaced pretty perfectly. then fit some 130/90 10's which gives it the same final outer diameter to match gearing but more tire, less wheel.

alas I sold it to bengry like right after the wheels came so I never tried the back. I think the splines can match and get the right size drum then the stock gear piece might mate right in easily. just count the teeth and spline diameter. I don't remember details but I did a lot of searching and thought it would work...(edited)

battle steelies look tits

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account